Cloud Security Architect
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
Security Technology Services (STS) is a critical function within Standard Chartered Bank operating under the overall purview of "Technology Services" . The STS team is made up of cyber security thought leaders, who are accountable for the provision of a global set of cyber security services and products in order to maintain and continuously improve Bank's cyber security posture in today's ever evolving cyber security landscape.
The STS team protect the Bank from cyber security threats by delivering effective information security technology services, managing and responding to security incidents to ensure, and support the continuity and growth of Bank's business operations; and meet the both internal and external stakeholders' expectations across 70+ countries and territories, in which SCB operates.
The STS Cloud Security Architect will be responsible for the design and development of Cloud Based security solutions in the areas of Data Security, Privileged Identity Management, Multi-factor Authentication, Perimeter Security, Web and DDoS protection in multi-cloud environments This position will contribute to the overall global enterprise cloud architecture and will represent the Security Technology Services in all matters pertaining to the cloud.
The successful candidate would have experience in driving Enterprise Security Solutions and possess strong technical capabilities combined with excellent interpersonal skills. This role would interact with leaders across business to understand challenges and identify opportunities for enhancing the effectiveness of the solutions .
Our Ideal Candidate
- Designs and develops security architectures for cloud and cloud/hybrid based systems. Possess a solid understanding of offerings within Amazon Web Services (AWS) and the Microsoft Azure platforms. Based on business requirements, design and implement cloud architectures that will allow those requirements to be met with a minimal degree of risk and appropriate security controls .
- Represents Security Technology Services in development and implementation of the overall global enterprise cloud architecture. Acts as the ambassador and senior technical representative for Enterprise Security while engaging with other senior technical leaders ,design and implement cloud and cloud/hybrid based implementations and solutions.
- Works with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development organizations to develop appropriate technology solutions and facilitates integration. Develops standards in partnership with Engineering, Infrastructure Services, and Application Development.
- Leads initiatives designed to share knowledge across Security Platforms and/or Technology teams. Identifies, recommends, coordinates, deliver timely knowledge to support teams regarding technologies, processes or tools. Develops and executes strategies to increase Cloud Security knowledge through the enterprise.
- 8+ years of work experience with a minimum of three years architecting security controls in multiple public clouds
- Experience architecting solutions within Amazon Web Services (AWS) or Azure
- Experience with Security assessment, security design, development, implementation, optimization, and documentation of a comprehensive and broad set of security technologies and processes, data security, cryptography, identity and access management (IAM) , network security in cloud and container environments.
- Working knowledge on DevSecOps
- Working knowledge of common industry standard cloud-native/cloud-friendly security controls and protocol ( SAML,OAuth, OpenID, PKCS#11, KMIP, ZTNA etc).
- Experience with deployment orchestration, automation, and security configuration management preferred.
- Experience with service-oriented architecture for cloud-based services.
- Experience with enterprise applications (architecture, development, support, and troubleshooting).
- Experience performing threat modeling and design reviews to assess security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies.
- Experience representing technical viewpoints to diverse audiences and in making timely and prudent technical risk decisions.
- Experience with enterprise architecture and working as part of a cross-functional team to implement solutions.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction; self-starter/self-motivated
- Technical writing experience
- Industry certifications will be a plus e.g. TOGAF, SABSA, CISSP, CCNA Security, CCIE, CCNP Security, Azure & AWS related certifications, SANS certifications
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.