As the Infrastructure Architect, s/he will be responsible for managing key technology & business relationships, working to align on-premise & cloud infrastructure solution design with the clients’ enterprise standards, work with subject matter experts (SMEs) to design and deliver the solutions, manage key vendor partners and work with delivery teams and operations teams on delivery and day to day operations within the program/s.
In this role s/he will be responsible to
- Analyse the solution requirements
- Ensure the solution proposed works as per the requirements of the client and within the partners’ solution capabilities
- Conform to the client’s standards and industry best practices
- Identify clear and potential risks based on deep understanding of the client environment
- Recommend alternative technologies/solutions and improvements to design
- Plan for integration with existing solutions
- Respond to RFIs, RFPs, and/or RFQs; present & defend of the solutions,
S/he will interface with the clients’ teams, vendor partners and subject matter experts to clarify, design and deliver solutions. Identify risks, mitigation and work around solutions to the solutions being offered. This role requires understanding of the end-to-end Infrastructure technology stack including on-premise & hybrid Cloud, IT Service Management frameworks and IT Operations. The ideal candidate will exhibit strong technology skills and business acumen to become a trusted partner, consultant and technology generalist for the client/s we support, contributor to moderate to large enterprise initiatives, and actively contributes to the success of the overall program/s.
- Develop and maintain relationships in the client organisation with a focus on delivering top quality solutions and services.
- Elevate the key relationships by becoming their trusted advisor
- Maintain healthy and strong relationships with key infrastructure and solution vendors
- Lead internal technical team of SMEs to deliver quality solutions and proposals
- Own the infrastructure solutions being proposed to client; this includes designing the solution, defending the solution, working with delivery teams to ensure the successful deployment and with operations teams subsequently.
This includes infrastructure solutions for Enterprise Compute/Storage, Network and Security, DR & Backup, and End User Computing for medium & large enterprise solutions including traditional and Platform 3 solutions.
- Present and defend the solutions including articulating the value proposition
- Ability to stay current with key technology trends, products offering from multiple vendors and industry best practices
Desired Skills and Experience
- Ability to work effectively across a large multinational matrixed organization utilizing strong influencing skills coupled with technology expertise for multiple capabilities.
This includes strong problem solving, cross functional management, and conflict resolution.
- The ideal candidate will have the ability to influence and lead cross functional teams and with a demonstrated record of delivering solutions to Enterprise Clients across multiple domains.
- 15+ years of experience in relationship management/consulting experience
- 10+ years of experience in an architect role, leading IT initiatives and in support of complex infrastructure technologies in various enterprise environments
Experience in an Architectural practices/standards.
- 15+ years of experience as a subject matter expert/pre-sales for infrastructure solutions
with experience in Cloud technologies and other Platform 3 solutions, service delivery management.
- Experience on delivering infrastructure solutions for Enterprise solutions such as ERP, CRM, Billing; keeping performance, scalability and availability (single site/zone and multisite/zone solutions ).
- Highly effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelor's degree in a related field or equivalent work experience required
- Experience with third-party IT vendor management and oversight is a big plus.