• The Client Take On Manager is a role based in the Singapore office and reporting into the Head of Business Management, SEA. The role will involve leading Client Take Ons being onboarded across multiple global office locations including EMEA, the United States, Asia and Australia. Additionally, the role will be actively involved in a Schroders Client Onboarding enhancement project, working with the project team across London and Asia. • The role focuses on coordinating the successful end to end Take On of new Clients, or investment mandates for existing Clients requiring a regional delegation.
Regional value-stream leadership
- Lead Client on-boarding and Client data management in the region, including:
- Maintaining the operating model design, agreed processes, policies and governance framework
- Monitoring performance and improvement priorities, budget and plans
- Lead Lean continuous operational improvement regionally
- Ensure each Client Take On adheres to the Global Institution Client Take On (GICTO) policy
- Track and monitor potential on-boarding issues, risks and delays, ensuring appropriate escalation as necessary
- Provide assistance with the Client’s KYC/AML process being undertaken within Distribution, to ensure Schroders KYC/AML records are compliant with Schroders due diligence requirements and also with the appropriate local Regulatory standards
- Work with other country and regional take-on managers, including the Head of Client On-Boarding (CORE), to ensure alignment and co-ordination across all CORE activities.
- Design and deliver operational management information and analysis as required to support decision making
- Develop and maintain global communities of interest for involved case managers and colleagues
Client On-Boarding operational management
- Develop a clear understanding of Schroders different Client-engagement types
- Maintain an awareness of how Schroders functional capabilities are established across different Regional Business Departments
- Ensure that on-boarding cases are managed to the CORE principles and process, making appropriate use of deployed technologies and resulting in the highest quality of Client on-boarding experience, both externally for the Client and internally across all impacted Asset Management teams.
- Deploy appropriate operational management techniques and tools to ensure that cases are delivered predictably and in a timely manner
- Monitor changes to the Schroder Client-engagement types, to Core, to the Regulatory environment and to Schroders Product offerings, and then adapt the tasks and workflows in the Schroders Take On Task Manager Tool/CORE accordingly
- Develop and lead the Client Obligations service regionally , supporting Distribution teams in ensuring the accurate capture, acceptance and assurance of Client Obligations, reporting aged exceptions in a consistent manner.
- Track and monitor Client’s “non-standard” requirements and operational risks, and assist in facilitating mutually agreed solutions for both Schroders and the Client, and ensure that obligation exceptions are closed in a timely manner
External relationship & sales management
- Where possible, assist local Distribution colleagues to develop relationships with Clients and their Consultants in their management of Client relationships through the Client lifecycle.
- Help regional sales colleagues to win business by providing expertise, credibility and evidence on the effectiveness and efficiency of the Schroders On-Boarding Client journey
- Act as subject matter expert on the work required to on-board a Client for any proposed Schroders service
- Align to the SchrodersLink strategy for communicating with Clients and consultants.
Internal relationship management
- Develop and maintain strong internal working relationships with the following teams: Distribution (covering Business Developers / RFP Team/LCSPs / Client Executives), Legal, Compliance, Investment, Portfolio Compliance, Product Management, Transitions, Operational Risk, Operations and I.T where non-standard I.T. Development is required.
- Interact with Client-facing teams to develop a full understanding of the Client’s profile and the Client’s business requirements internally
- Maintain a strong awareness of the participating Business Teams capabilities and understands their take on requirements.
- Project manage inward investment delegations and line with our GICTO policy, and behalf of the LCSP who maintains the ultimate responsibility
- Lead and/or attend Client Take On meetings and ensure open actions and issues are effectively addressed
- Lead and/or attend post Client Take On reviews, ensuring lessons learned are fully implemented
- Monitor and develop Client Take On SLAs across Business Teams, and that Roles and Responsibilities are appropriately reflected in the Take On Task Manager Tool/CORE system
- Monitor ongoing developments in Regulation, Schroders Client engagement types and Schroders Product offerings and understand how any changes may impact our Client Take On and eventually Client Change activities
- Monitor the MIS Data being produced from the Task Manager Tool/CORE, in reacting to new trends exampled by increasing non-standard Client requirements, and in addressing bottlenecks in the processes, and in addressing specific delays in the completion of Business Team’s final task approvals. Ensure Schroders standard global Client Take On processes and Task Manager activities are being correctly followed, and that processes and templates are continually adapted, to optimise future Client engagements and to minimise operational risks
- Financial industry experience, preferably Asset Management experience, either through employment, audit or consulting
- Client On boarding experience
- Effective communication, coordination and internal Client-facing skills
- Strong analytical, organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong project and process management skills
- Familiarity with current and global Regulatory requirements such as : EMIR, Dodd Frank, Solvency II MiFID, FATCA, together with a clear understanding of KYC and AML requirements, and a good understanding of the regulatory landscape for the future.
- Strong interpersonal skills to develop effective working relationships across Business Teams, through an open and collaborative approach
- Confidence to interact with Client-facing Teams, Product Managers, Legal, Compliance, Risk and across Operational Areas
- Ability to work with Business Process Management (BPM) or other system applications