Client Service Manager
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Job Purpose
To deliver the right level of client service and advice to Securities Services clients in all interactions for their transactional enquiries complains, and other service-related issues based on the client tiering model.
The Role Responsibilities Service Delivery & Efficiency
- Responsible for serving as primary contact person for clients and internal staff for advice, enquiries, complaints and any other service issues.
- Deliver excellent service against agreed service standards and in line with client satisfaction criteria.
- As an internal voice of client, work together with BAMs, Operations, Technology, and other key internal stakeholders to solve client issues timely with no/minimal escalation and identify opportunities to improve overall service for the clients.
- Foster long lasting relationships and rapport with premier clients at the transactional / operational level.
- Works with the BAM team to manage existing/strategic clients to maximize client satisfaction and long tern contribution to the bottom line Champion client incident management by ensuring timely rectification and escalation where required. Ensure root cause analysis is completed and preventative measures are implemented effectively. Service level reviews conducted in a planned manner with appropriate engagement from internal stakeholders (i.e. key BAM and/or SSO participation if needed)
- Identify opportunities for service improvement based on useful metrics and demonstrate results
Risk & Control
- Primary point of contact / escalation for external clients in terms of providing solutions, enquiries, complaints, resolving of discrepancies and transactional errors.
- Ensure the provision of the highest standards of client service in response to client enquiries and complaints in order to deliver best in class client service.
- Ensure incidents are managed and resolved in a timely manner. Actively engage with internal stakeholders and support functions to overcome obstacles in resolution of incidents while providing timely updates to client and internally on progress made.
- Maximize the GEMS work tool to gain efficiency in directing and resolving client queries along with incident escalation protocol.
- Proactive client engagement and regular "pulse checks" for premier clients through due diligence visits, service reviews, proactive communication of market news, deeper understanding of clients' need end-to-end, questionnaires completion, RFP, etc.
- Use GEMS incident user interface to ensure client complains are logged timely and accurately for auto-system escalation communications to the appropriate senior management levels responsible to ensure full resolution of client issues and regularly update client on progress if the issue is taking longer than expected.
- Maintain a professional and positive SCB image through all interactions with clients.
- Continually identify opportunities to improve client efficiency and performance, through e.g. optimizing channel usage, identifying service improvements, product solutions, and cross-sell opportunities.
- Participate in annual or as agreed Service Reviews for premier clients.
- Reviewing service performance with the clients and generate ways to continuously improve service level standards
- Periodically, accompanying BAMs on sales calls to sell our service capabilities and/or to resolve clients' operational and service issues
- Provide pro-active client updates
- Leveraging on metrics and client insights to understand client's needs, and identify opportunities for improvements in service, product solutions, utilization and optimizing channel usage, up-selling and cross-selling etc.
- Making proactive calls on clients to improve the utilization level of facilities, increase transaction volume, identify opportunities for channels and referrals for the business
- Build trusted partnerships with clients at the daily transactional / operational level
People Management (Team Leaders ONLY)
- Full awareness of the Bank's risk management approach through 1 st , 2 nd , 3 rd line of defense
- Thematic analysis and review of client issues and complains in order to identify root causes and remediation actions.
- Uphold highest level of code of conduct to ensure full compliance with regulations, policies, and procedures.
- No exception to completing mandatory trainings timely.
- Comply with Operational Risk Framework set out for Client Service including but not limited to client identification, complaints and enquiry handling.
- Comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and, in particular, report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager.
- Adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements, and follow any other relevant internal controls and procedures as they relate to process, products, policies and regulations.
- Support the Country Head of Client Services to plan and control staffing, deployment, training, appraisals, and all other personnel matters relating to staff in the team.
- Encourage and foster a highly collaborative and supportive working environment where staff at all levels put the best interest of clients at the center of everything the team does.
- Effective performance management of all staff to ensure rewards are merit based and results driven.
- Execute team operating standards set out by the Country Head of Client Services as independent quality assurance within the team to ensure highest standards of service execution and related client communication.
- Ensuring participation of training modules by team members and track training completion.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Assist in implementation of service and efficiency improvement initiatives in Securities Services and facilitate transfer of best practice.
- Minimum of 3 years client services experience with 5 years experience in Transaction Banking proficient product / process knowledge within securities services.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals.
- Good Influencing and negotiating skills at senior levels.
- Strong communications (both written and spoken) skills
- Ability to deliver consistent results under pressure and beyond standard working hours
- Detailed orientated, team player, takes end to end ownership, drive for results to support/grow the business, sustain intensity & optimism while focusing on delivering excellent service to clients.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with peers and business partners
- Comfortable with direct client and business partners interaction, with proven client interaction abilities
- Must be client focused
- Excellent interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Able to work against competing priorities from various clients and manage sound delivery
- Core understanding of client requirements and how to deliver on banking solutions
- Acts in a way that improves the client experience and creates better service
- Works collaboratively with contacts through pragmatic approach to solutioning and problem solving where required
- Takes responsibility for providing support, advice and service
- Possess skill, ability, experience and confidence to navigate the Bank and business partners to ensure servicing client requests are completed on time
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and time management skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.