Client Onboarding Manager
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 24 Sep 18 2018-09-24
Client Onboarding Manager
Markets Onboarding Group
The Onboarding team goal is to deliver a timely and high quality onboarding experience to clients. We focus on two main objectives: to enhance client experience through the delivery of a consistent and efficient end-to-end client onboarding solution and to accelerate revenue growth through a timely business implementation process.
This group will support all products within Markets: FX, Fixed Income & Equities, Collateral Management, Segregation, Liquidity Services, and Securities Finance.
We are an integral part of the new business process led by the Sales and Relationship Managers, and will subsequently become the primary client contact for the onboarding stage. We will be responsible for the process from AML/KYC, Tax and Regulatory documentations, account opening, client training and demonstration, client reporting and connectivity. When the account is operationally ready we will hand over to the day to day servicing team(s) for BAU coverage.
We are the subject matter experts of the account onboarding and implementation process and will liaise with clients directly to answer any queries during the transition period.
We interact with various internal teams and 'Center of Excellence' (CoE's) to support our business to ensure we deliver timely and quality Transition services to clients.
We are a global team in North America, Europe and Asia with a 24/5 pass-the-book coverage model.
Key roles & Responsibilities - Markets Onboarding Regional Lead
• Manage the regional Onboarding activities providing full transparency to stakeholders of the client onboarding process
• Oversee the day-to-day escalation issues, design and direct procedures to ensure delivery of consistent results to client onboarding, off boarding and change management processes.
• Act as the primary contact to internal stakeholders and CoE's in regards to escalation, SLA discussion and monitoring, operational risk and control management, BCP coordination, and process transformation.
• Responsible for providing leadership to the Onboarding team. Oversee the workload and activities of assigned staff in order to ensure the attainment of all service requirements in accordance with agreed upon service standards and Markets policies and procedures.
• Assist the Global Manager in assuring internal policies and procedures and external regulations - across multiple jurisdictions - are adhered to along with acting as the Global Manager's back up in his / her absence. Monitor procedure effectiveness, report deficiencies and recommend enhancement solutions. Conduct analyses and research for internal reports as required.
• Be familiar with all aspects of the Markets products and be able to interact independently with Credit, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Product Management, Technology, Client Service and Relationship Management and Business Heads on the transition process of the relevant product.
• Serves as a role model to teams. Provide training and development opportunities to staff and promote succession pipeline.
Minimum Education: Bachelor's Degree or Professional Qualification
Minimum Experience: 8-10 years of experience in the Financial Services Industry. Prior supervisory experience required. Prior experience in managing systems development or clients' conversion projects or equivalent experience required.
Incumbent must show good understanding of all aspects of one or more Markets products and business systems, knowledge of general investment management processes, hedge fund and prime broker operations along with related products. Must be familiar with regulatory requirements, sometimes across multiple countries, as well as with the servicing requirements of Markets clients and understanding, identifying and mitigating risks
Apply independent judgment in solving complex issues. Elevate extraordinary client requests or highly-complex account matters and balance customization with our risk and control governance. Manage workloads of assigned colleagues with a focus on accuracy, timelines, compliance, and customer satisfaction. Proven ability to understand and successfully service the most complex and demanding clients in the respective product.
Nature & Area of Impact
This is a high risk business requiring excellent judgment. Poor performance can result in revenue loss, material reputational damage and significant operational losses.
For over 230 years, the people of BNY Mellon have been at the forefront of finance, expanding the financial markets while supporting investors throughout the investment lifecycle. BNY Mellon can act as a single point of contact for clients looking to create, trade, hold, manage, service, distribute or restructure investments & safeguards nearly one-fifth of the world's financial assets. BNY Mellon remains one of the safest, most trusted and admired companies. Every day our employees make their mark by helping clients better manage and service their financial assets around the world. Whether providing financial services for institutions, corporations or individual investors, clients count on the people of BNY Mellon across time zones and in 35 countries and more than 100 markets. It's the collective ambition, innovative thinking and exceptionally focused client service paired with a commitment to doing what is right that continues to set us apart. Make your mark: bnymellon.com/careers.
Global Markets, through its Foreign Exchange, Derivatives, BNY Mellon Capital Markets, LLC and BNY Mellon Capital Markets EMEA Limited businesses, provides a broad array of products and services for corporate, institutional and high-net-worth investors to choose among various vehicles aimed at protecting principal, providing growth and managing risk.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Singapore-Singapore-Singapore
Job: Global Markets
Internal Jobcode: 70082
Organization: MARKETS CENTRAL MANAGEMENT-HR15164
Requisition Number: 1810800