Client Data Chapter (Associate/ Senior Associate) , COO Office Singapore
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Bank of Singapore opens doors to new opportunities.
We are looking for Associate/ Senior Associate
for the newly created role of Client Data Chapter (COO Office Singapore)
, who will be using analytics to improve client data quality, and supporting the Data Manager (a newly created role) in driving data governance initiatives in conjunction with front office (FO) and cross functional teams.
This is an essential role that supports Bank of Singapore's ambition to be a data-driven company, leveraging high quality and timely client data and analytics to further advance our competitive advantage.
If you have a strong interest and the knowledge in using analytical tools to drive quality assurance, are passionate about driving data quality and process improvements, and have a knack for problem-solving, this is the opportunity for you.
You will support the Client Data Owner and Data Manager in the following: Data Quality (DQ) Quality Issues: Detection, Investigation and Remediation
- Execute on a periodic basis the set of test rules from Data Detective (DD) Tool, a product of our in-house innovation initiative, to detect and generate report on client data anomalies
- Ensure all prioritized DQ issues raised by FO or other functions are being incorporated and tested in the DD Tool
- Determine if the data anomalies can be immediately corrected or further prioritization is required
- Work with the Client Data Steward and cross-functional teams to identify possible root causes from the exceptions detected by the DD Tool and/or DQ issues raised
- Investigate the appropriate corrective actions, including reviewing source documentation where required
- Perform the corrective actions, and where deemed required, recommend process or systems change or preventive controls
- Upon Data Manager's approval, refine existing rules or add new rules to the DD tool due to 1) DQ issues raised by FO or other functions, 2) corrective/preventive actions taken, 3) any other product enhancements, or any other relevant inputs.
- Track open, in progress and closed DQ issues, and in various Dashboard reporting and attestation responsibilities
- Manage the Data Dictionary and Data Lineage as the key Client Data artefacts, working closely with the relevant stakeholders
- Support the Client Data Steward on various Data Governance initiatives including but not limited to the identification of significant deviations or gaps from the Bank's data management policies, impact assessment, and escalation to the COO for decision.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience required
- At least 3 years of experience relating to data management, or data analytics within the financial industry
- Experienced in quality assurance practices in organizations
- Experienced in the private banking industry or CRM system a plus
- Able to conduct and apply quality testing approaches in day to day activities
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Able to thrive in a team, is highly approachable and open minded
- Able to be proactive in establishing processes and adopting best practices
- Enjoys problem solving and uses strong analytical approach
- Proficient in MS Office, particularly Excel and/or Power BI