Claims Specialist (Motor and Liability)
You are responsible to handle and support Motor and Liability claims. The Job
- To ensure adequate and timely reserving for all Claims
- To investigate, evaluate and settle claims in an efficient and timely manner
- To examine claims investigated by insurance adjusters, further investigating questionable claims to determine policy liability
- To conduct subrogation recovery and reinsurance recovery promptly, if any
- To adhere to Fraud Risk Management Guide for prevention & early detection of claims irregularities
- To perform annual review of claim files to ensure reserves are adequate for active files and to close inactive files
- To ensure strict adherence to company Standard Operating Procedures
- Ensuring the customer is treated fairly and that the customer receives excellent service in accordance with industry and company guidelines
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and take appropriate steps to mitigate the risks
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company
- Highlight any potential concerns/ risks and proactively share best risk management practices
About Great Eastern
- Diploma, Degree, ANZIL or ACII
- Minimum of 3 -5 year experience in handling General Insurance claims
- Integrity and Honesty
- Analytical and detailed
- Technically strong in claims assessment
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well as a team player and open-minded
- Good judgement and decision-making
- Identifying complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions
- High level of integrity, take accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork
- Take initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes. #LI-KY1
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with “@greateasternlife.com”. Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.