Chief Operating Officer, Blockchain Fintech
- Jun 24, 2021
Morgan McKinley is working in partnership with a Fintech who is known for adopting Blockchain technology to provide custodian services for digital assets.
The business is looking for a Chief Operating Officer (COO) to join their C-Suite executives. Reporting to the CEO, the Chief Operating Officer (COO) is a senior executive accountable for overseeing the day to day departmental and operational functions of the business. The COO has overall responsibility to ensure the company's execution of its business plan, primarily managing the company's internal affairs.
Role and responsibilities
- Oversee/Manage internal functions. Core functional responsibilities will include for product delivery; HR (staff management and development); operations, including client onboarding and servicing; internal governance/risk management oversight (including as point person for internal/external audits); and, on an interim basis, finance (including company banking & payroll)
- Contribute to the production and execution of the company's strategic plan and associated procedures, including ensuring the establishment of comprehensive policies and procedures that help promote and protect the company's core culture and vision.
- Create and manage business performance metrics/reports for management intelligence and review
- Establish, review and improve (on an ongoing basis) all internal processes to drive efficiency, remove risk and effectively manage costs
- Ensure the timely resolution of potential issues, complaints and feedback inclusive of investigation and determination of lessons/responses to ensure continuous improvement
- Ensure the effective selection, monitoring and management of all relationships with external vendors and partners.
- Be the face of applications for new and/or amended regulatory authorizations to ensure that the company has well documented operational processes designed to support its regulated activities;
- Co-ordinate and oversee responses to the results of regulatory examinations and inspections in conjunction with the CEO, the Operations Manager and the Compliance Manager.
- Ensure the appropriate disclosure/notification to the relevant regulator of any reportable items and events;
- Work with operations teams and client facing staff to ensure best-in-class client satisfaction levels and experience.
- Deputise for the CEO when required.
- Manage client on-boarding, account opening, maintenance, closure and assets transition activities.
- Minimum 10-15 years' of relevant, leadership experience at a senior level, ideally with a minimum of 3 years direct experience in a COO role within the FinTech/Financial Services space
- In-depth knowledge and experience within different business functions, such as Operations, Client Service & Onboarding, Technology, Risk Management, Product development and Finance
- A proven track record of leading and developing teams in a growing, start-up business
- A strategic thinker with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- A sense of urgency, pragmatism and a solution-oriented approach to problem-solving - Always willing to have the difficult conversations when required
- Strong decision-making and risk assessment capabilities, with good judgment and commitment to delivering results within tight deadlines
- Able to thrive and lead in a fast-paced, changing environment, while retaining the long-term focus. Comfortable managing in an ambiguous/uncertain environment when required
- MA in Business Administration or similar relevant field
If you are interested in the role and would like to discuss the opportunity further, please click apply now or email Hagen at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Only shortlisted candidates will be responded to, therefore if you do not receive a response within 14 days please accept this as notification that you have not been shortlisted.
Morgan McKinley Pte Ltd, EA License No: 11C5502
Lee Boon Hou (Hagen), Registration No: R1870932