Job Description Summary The Operations Expert provides in-depth technical knowledge and expertise covering complex policies, processes, products and regulatory requirements. They keep abreast of industry best practices, sharing knowledge with a range of internal stakeholders at all levels, regionally and globally as appropriate. They input to Business strategy as required. The Operations Expert represents the Bank by managing strong relationships with all relevant internal and external stakeholders e.g. industry forums, regulators, third party vendors, market participants and internal divisions e.g. IT, Legal or Product Management.
Your key responsibilities:
- Support daily fixed income security settlement issues and escalation that may occur across APAC
- Manage Fixed Income security product related projects, coordinating with other locations and technology on operational process, regulatory, and system related change implementation
- Perform end to end settlement and clearing detail analysis for process improvements
- Implement procedure and control changes in response to regulation and policy changes
- Representing the team in audit, control and regulatory processes
- Take part in new business initiatives & NPAs/NTAs
Your skills and experience:
- 6+ years’ experience in the Banking Industry in either global market settlement, custody services or project execution role
- Fixed Income Security Settlement product knowledge preferred
- Accounting knowledge preferred
- Be willing to continuously invest in self-learning/training to stay abreast of constantly changing industry trends / client requirements and newer products /processes
- Strong problem solving skills/ability to hold clear and concise conversations with business partners and external clients.
- Strong mind-set to challenge and re-engineer current processes to meet changing needs of the business. Some knowledge and exposure to digital tools will be useful, eg Alteryx, SQL, VBA, Python programming.
- Ability to work under pressure, handle multiple priorities and work as part of a wider regional team
- High personal motivational levels
- Strong Excel and Power Point skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills