Director - Asset Management I Private Equity & VC I Private Banking I Banking & Financial Services
My client is a cryptocurrency financial services provider with over 100 employees across the globe. The CCO will manage all compliance efforts for their cryptocurrency business. The ideal candidate is a passionate and mission-driven thought leader with significant experience developing and implementing practical compliance programs in a highly regulated, collaborative, and fast-paced environment. The leader will be responsible for interacting directly with regulators and ensuring that the payments policies and procedures are designed to comply with related laws and regulations in Singapore, as well as our internal requirements.
- Oversee the strategy and implementation of the compliance program that operates to effectively identify and mitigate legal and regulatory risk and embed the highest standards of compliance.
- Develop, maintain, and review policies, procedures, and processes to ensure compliance with applicable internal and legal standards.
- Design, implement, and monitor controls across relevant parts of the company to mitigate the risk of illegal, or improper conduct,
- Provide regular feedback to the COO and CEO regarding the design and operation of the compliance program, key risks and issues, emerging trends, and the adequacy and effectiveness of compliance program operations and resourcing.
- Identify, propose, and implement appropriate technology solutions and compliance assurance systems to facilitate compliance with current and anticipated financial services laws and regulations, including identifying and ensuring the quality of data and analytical methods needed to fulfill compliance oversight requirements.
- Ensure the company stays current on applicable regulations and “best practices,” including monitoring trends and patterns across the payments platform to identify potential risks and take appropriate action to mitigate such risks.
- Manage audits and inspections from external parties and ensure findings are remediated appropriately.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 10+ years of experience in compliance in financial services( Payment, Fintech or Financial Institutions)
- Experience in managing applications for payment services related license would be preferable
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
- Experience with time management
- Organizational skills and experience setting priorities, problem-solving and multi-tasking
- Background in AML program implementation in blockchain and large global financial services/tech environments
If you are interested in this role or any other related opportunities, please send your profile in Microsoft Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org.