Are you a Head of Compliance or Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) with a strong background in traditional markets compliance specific to regulatory compliance and license applications across Asia? If you are currently working or have worked for a tier-1 brokerage firm and have experience setting up a brokerage business / applying for licenses in different jurisdictions or have worked for a regulator then we would love to hear from you, so we can share a newly created role for our client, a global player in alternatives and a new entrant to the Singapore market.
In your new role as Head of Compliance, based in Singapore, you will lead all compliance and control obligations in the APAC region and be responsible for creating compliance frameworks associated with the Singapore and global businesses, which will comprise of several main operating companies in the digital asset, exchange traded derivative and FX sectors.
You will also help to maintain the Group’s policies and procedures which directly impact the Singapore’s supervisory control system and assist other Group affiliates in their compliance functions (digital assets, FX, exchange traded derivatives, OTC derivatives). This will be your moment to bring your experience and lessons learned to this new set up, so you will be expected to be in set up and build mode from day 1 as you lead and take ownership of this function.
- Managing the relationship with MAS and ensuring strong compliance controls and a governance framework
- Subject matter expert for MAS compliance and control requirements
- Policy and procedural enhancements
- Discovery of compliance and control requirements for new business and authorisations
- Assist with trade and transaction monitoring enhancements, improving current process and participate in automation compliance initiatives
- Analyse parameters and threshold settings at time of automation implementation
- Identify areas of compliance risk and ensure issues are properly escalated and addressed with appropriate action as needed
- Liaise with Group compliance staff and Operations and Business Stakeholders on matters requiring further resolution
- Respond to regulatory requests regarding Compliance
- Work closely with the Legal Department to resolve difficult compliance issues
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develop and/or implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues
We want you to be successful in this role, so if you have the following, then do apply today and connect with our team to find out more.
- In depth understanding of MAS capital markets and/or payment services rules and regulations
- Solid experience of building control frameworks and implementing systems and controls
- Ability to make effective decisions and demonstrate sound judgment
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships and work across the organization in a multi-site matrix environment
- Ability to handle ad-hoc projects
- Strong execution skills with attention to detail and focus on clear, realistic action steps and timelines
- Ability to work in a high-pressure, short-deadline, environment
- Extensive experience in Financial Services - FX or derivatives required. Digital assets a bonus
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding the firm, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behaviour, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency
For the Singapore business, we’re hiring both front and back office roles as we support the build out of their Alternatives focused Digital Assets APAC team. If your future is in digital / crypto, then connect with the Project68 team to discuss the opportunities available.