- Permanent, Full time
- State Street
Charles River Investment Management System,Senior Consultant,
You will be fully responsible for all aspects of implementation for the Charles River Investment Management System (Charles River IMS), managing to client business and technical requirements within the required schedule, scope and budget.
You will work with clients to develop and manage to an implementation plan, define client requirements, configure and tune the application to client business and technical needs, train users, test workflows and resolve any issues before taking the client live.
You will be hands on, configuring and fine tuning Charles River IMS while managing administrative aspects of the implementation project.
You will document client requirements and workflows, and you will successfully transition the client to Technical Support and Relationship Management in preparation for go live.
You will provide weekly, detailed project status to senior management at Charles River and within the client. Highlighting issues, scope changes, and progress against the client budget.
You will aid other members of the Professional Services team and pro-actively develop and share best practices and keep abreast of new system versions and features and new trends in the finance industry.
You will contribute to software quality by clearly communicating defects to Client Support and Product Management. Support the defect resolution process by providing clear descriptions of defects and validating the resulting fixes. Identify errors and mistakes in documentation and suggest corrections and improvements.
- Minimum of 8 years of Financial/Software Services industry background (Project Management experience with financial market information systems preferred)
- Bachelor's Degree from a leading university or college in Business Management, Economics, Finance, Computer Science or the like
- Hands on experience implementing investment management software, preferably an order management and compliance system
- Advance knowledge of equity, fixed income, foreign currency and derivative securities, markets, portfolio management and trading workflows.
- Understanding of multi-tier technical architectures and relational database structures. Familiarity with SQL, FIX, Crystal Reports, messaging and web services a plus
- Must be customer driven, have the ability to work within a team environment, and be focused on providing a high quality of service to the customer.
- Demonstrated ability to meet self-imposed deadlines and proactive client management skills
- Superior oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to travel as required