Cash Operations Specialist
Who we're looking for
We're looking for someone to join our Cash Operations team where you will be responsible for a range of cash processing tasks supporting timely updates of cash flows, fees/expenses and trade related FXs, as well as instructing cash movements at custody. You will also support externally managed cash and security movements such as STIF movements. Additionally, response to cash related queries from the Investment teams. You will thrive in a fast-paced environment with an emphasis on meeting tight deadlines. A strong interest in learning and harnessing technology will help you with your role in the organisation. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Validate and process Custodian dealt FX into internal records ensuring allocation to the correct portfolio;
- Investigate custodian FX breaks and monitor through timely resolution with reconciliation function and stakeholders and custodians;
- Processing of cash flows into internal systems and handling any related queries;
- Process STIF transactions into internal system;
- Process and instruct ad hoc FX, fees, expenses, distributions, margin payments and other clean cash payments to custodians as required and monitoring and reporting on status;
- To reconcile holdings between Custodians and Schroders Systems, resolving or escalating any differences;
- Monitor outstanding synthetic FX transactions and ensure timely reconciliation with market FX to maintain accurate cash positions;
- Investigate and respond to cash related queries from Investment teams ensuring timely resolution and remediation in undertaken as required;
- Provide processing and query support for cash related activity as required to support Investment, Operations and Accounting teams as appropriate;
- Provide specialist product knowledge; contribute to department initiatives and projects.
What you'll be like
- At least 2-3 years of experience gained in an operational team supporting cash and FX payments;
- Demonstrable knowledge of operational risks and control frameworks.
- Experience working in Asset Management and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle is preferred not a must
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- Good at analysing and solving problem with a strong handle on operational risk;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks appropriately
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self-improvement opportunities;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties;
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your socio-economic background, race, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, religious belief, age or disability.