Cards Technical Program Manager
The IT Project Tech Lead is a strategic professional who stays abreast of developments within own field and contributes to directional strategy by considering their application in own job and the business. Recognized technical authority for an area within the business. Requires basic commercial awareness. There are typically multiple people within the business that provide the same level of subject matter expertise. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Significant impact on the area through complex deliverables. Provides advice and counsel related to the technology or operations of the business. Work impacts an entire area, which eventually affects the overall performance and effectiveness of the sub-function/job family. Responsibilities:
- Develops detailed IT work plans, schedules; project estimates, resource plans and status reports.
- Interfaces with senior project staff and client senior management teams regarding status of projects.
- Recommends and oversees process improvements.
- Has considerable business impact through in-depth evaluation of complex business processes, system processes and industry standards.
- Provides expertise in area and an advanced level of understanding of the principles of IT project leadership.
- Possesses a comprehensive understanding of how own area and others (i.e., architecture or infrastructure) collectively integrate to contribute towards achieving business objectives.
- Directly impacts the business by influencing strategic functional decisions through advice, counsel or provided services.
- Acts as advisor or coach to new or lower level analysts; allocates work.
- Provides in-depth and sophisticated analysis with interpretive thinking to define problems and develop innovative solutions.
- Persuades and influences others through and comprehensive communication and diplomacy skills.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency.
Technical / Functional Proficiency:
- BS degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 15+ years of experience working on VisionPlus or credit cards projects. In-Depth functional knowledge of Credit Cards is Mandatory.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a Lead Cards program transformation managerin Credit cards domain
- Commercial Cards business knowledge and Agile Certification is a significant plus
- Experience in working on a large scale global projects.
- Excellent understanding of the credit card business, Technology infrastructure and know how of cards technology systems. Vision PLUS experience will be an added advantage.
- Experience in leading Large Country Platform Migration Programs.
- Skilled in influencing and interacting with the business, Operations, technology teams, partner systems and card processors
- Excellent communication skills with experience in building business presentations. Clearly articulating and documenting business case requirements is a key requirement.
- Should have working knowledge of agile framework, and techniques.
- Excellent knowledge of agile scrum techniques, tools and artefacts (such as definition of done, user stories, automated testing, backlog refinement, tools like JIRA)
- Must have extensive experience in Microsoft tools, i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio and SharePoint
- Lead / support technical program reviews with senior stakeholders
- Good knowledge on end to end cards features and across all applications
- Excellent documentation skills in preparing program requirement, functional specs/design, business case and functional flow documents.
- Experience with structured systems analysis and design is an added advantage
- Capable of knowledge gathering / reverse engineering existing functionality of application platforms through interaction with users and technical teams
- Communicating platform standard functionality and requirements effectively to development teams
- Provide required status updates to business program stakeholders and various levels of management as appropriate
- Requires Strong Stakeholder Management experience to drive discussions between Business, Operations and Technology Teams.
- Ability to build a comprehensive understanding of project stakeholders, subject matter, and priorities
- Excellent organization skills, attention to detail, and ability to multi-task
- Relationship builder and team player
- Experience in Financial industry i.e. Credit Cards and Wholesale Banking
- Demonstrated sense of responsibility and capability to deliver quickly
- Ability to manage, build and retain talented cards analysts/SME's.
- Process focused to ensure efficiency, compliance and control
- Proactive problem-solver and strategic thinker
- Ability to assimilate key program bottlenecks and come up to speed quickly
- Flexibility to work in multiple complex projects and changing priorities
- Flexible to work across different Time zones supporting stakeholders across LATAM, EMEA and ASPAC regions.
- Bachelor's/University degree or equivalent experience, potentially Masters degree
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
Grade : ------------------------------------------------------
Time Type : ------------------------------------------------------
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE .
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE . To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE .
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE .
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE .