COO - Wintel Server Operations Manager, APAC region - Vice President
Our technology teams are responsible for the bank's entire information technology infrastructure. They develop and maintain the software required to support the bank's business. The teams work closely with the businesses and other infrastructure units to modernise the bank's IT systems to reduce complexity, risk and enable business growth.
With award-winning mobile banking apps and trading systems, our technology helps Deutsche Bank deliver high-quality products to clients. We make sure that the phones and computers work and that emails are delivered – but we also develop solutions that help our people share their knowledge, expertise and passion for our business.
Deutsche Bank sees itself as a technology-driven company that can gain market share with new, cutting-edge ideas. The ambition is to be a leader in the area of digitalisation.
We are making investments into digital technology across all businesses to enhance the client experience, harness the power of data, and strengthen efficiency and controls by increasing automation. We are also collaborating with external partners such as start-ups, FinTechs, and technology specialists worldwide to discover and implement innovative solutions for our clients.
Deutsche Bank has become one of the first financial institutions to establish a professional research and development department, including capabilities such as four innovation labs and the digital factory in Frankfurt.
Join us here, and you'll constantly be looking ahead. We'll look to you to capitalise on new technological trends that can reshape our business and deliver value for our clients, whilst still meeting the demands of customers, regulators and the markets. Position Overview
We're committed to being the best financial services provider in the world, balancing passion with precision to deliver superior solutions for our clients. This is made possible by our people: agile minds, able to see beyond the obvious and act effectively in an ever-changing global business landscape. As you'll discover, our culture supports this. Diverse, international and shaped by a variety of different perspectives, we're driven by a shared sense of purpose. At every level agile thinking is nurtured. And at every level agile minds are rewarded with competitive pay, support and opportunities to excel.
Compute Services provides world-class infrastructure operations and support to our Investment Banking clients, and is a key contributor to the stability of our applications. The Wintel Run team provides front line support and a single point of contact for our clients and partner teams, in a 24x7 follow-the-sun operating model. Overview
This is a role for a Wintel Server Support Team Lead, who has both operational and implementation experience while working within a fast moving, highly technical environment. The position is based within the Global Wintel Team, focused on providing operational support, primarily for our In-House Wintel and Citrix environments.
The successful candidate needs to be self-motivated, a great leader, team player, and will be responsible for providing Wintel & Citrix related support at the enterprise level. Key responsibilities
You will have:
- Team leader role reporting directly to the Global Wintel Run Lead
- Managing technical support engineers based in multiple locations throughout the APAC region
- Ensuring compliance with the standards and security requirements set forth by the Bank and based on the guidelines authorized by the GTO Management team
- Providing oversight and management of Level 1/2 and Level 3 support engineers, including management of ticketing systems for Wintel and Citrix systems and other core infrastructure components
- Proactively managing incident queues and conducting regular reviews of ticket remediation against SLAs
- Looking for incident trends, and seeking to reduce tickets by eliminating the root cause of issues, not just the specific occurrences
- Working with staff to maintain a detailed RunBook and Knowledge Base of procedures and known issues
- Personally contributing to the ongoing development and updates to the KB repository
- Providing global Change coordination and quality assurance through oversight of engineer raised tickets as per Deutsche Bank Change Management policy
- Providing proactive ticketing workflow and queue management in order to identify, flag, and drive positive remediation of workloads not being carried out within documented expectations
- Maintaining timely and quality status updates in all Deutsche Bank workflow systems, per Key Operating Procedures (KOP)
- Delivering workloads according to defined Service Level Agreements (SLA) targets and escalating in a timely fashion when there is risk of not meeting SLAs or if there is an issue resulting in an increased severity
- Managing day to day admin tasks for team members including HR activities, performance reviews, absence planning, team meetings and one on one mentoring where required
- Managing team member training and development
- Hiring new staff and external contractors
- Providing relevant information for budget planning and submissions
- Raising Purchase Orders and managing them through the approval process
- Engaging with various support vendors including outsourced partners to ensure alignment of standards.
- Dealing with regional and country specific regulations and restrictions
- Able to deal with auditors and own / drive to completion, various audit points
- Ensuring strict compliance with expected security patching levels
- Providing reporting to senior management
- Always looking for opportunities to automate our processes and tasks
- Coordinating and resourcing datacenter activities for Wintel systems including disaster recovery and power-down events
- Working closely with our Engineering teams to ensure delivery of supportable operating systems and other related products
- Participating in Deutsche Bank organizational events such as Town Halls and Team Meetings
You will be:
- A minimum of 10 year's management experience at an Investment Bank
- Advanced Windows Server Administration knowledge particularly covering Windows 2012, and ideally 2016
- Knowledge of Citrix products and infrastructure
- Knowledge of Active Directory infrastructure
- Knowledge of Microsoft Clustering and related technologies
- Knowledge of virtualization platforms such as VMWare
- Knowledge of enterprise storage concepts & architectures
- Understanding of various cloud hosting platforms such as AWS and Azure
- Strong understanding of the Microsoft patch release process and related deployment technologies
- Knowledge of BladeLogic and how it is used for patch and software deployments
- Knowledge of Cyberark infrastructure and how it is used to secure Windows Server environments
- A mastery of the English language, with excellent written and verbal skills
- Ability to attend major outage calls and represent the team at both a management and technical level
- Good understanding of security principles in general
- At least ten years' experience in the financial services industry high volume environment
- A good understanding of Active Directory Group Policies and Domain Security
- Knowledge of the Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITILv3) framework
- An understanding of COBIT 5 principles
- Proficient in writing technical documentation
- An understanding of firewall rules/ports and how to troubleshoot firewall connectivity issues
- Scripting experience in Powershell and PowerCLI preferred
- Knowledge of Tivoli TSM backup processes
- Experience working with offshore partners and different cultures
- MSCE and or Citrix certification highly desirable
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in an IT-related discipline (or equivalent diploma / work experience)
- A positive, ‘can-do' attitude, excellent customer-facing skills, and a high productivity rate
- The ability to effectively articulate a status or plan to peers and clients
- The ability to work collaboratively with other team members and build positive working relationships
- The ability to learn quickly and apply common sense to new situations, but understand when it is appropriate to engage others for advice
- The ability to place a significant level of importance on personal development and understanding then improving upon weakness
- The ability to utilize a goal oriented approach which drives self improvement both personally and professionally
- The ability to take the initiative to work on tasks outside of his or her immediate scope of responsibility, and encourages others to do so
- Good time management principles and effective in prioritizing workloads
- Solid meeting management principles would be desired; Ability to manage conference calls with multiple attendees in order to resolve issues
- Highly organized and capable of tracking a variety of tasks to closure
- Open and transparent in style and approach when working with others
- Accepting of feedback from managers, peers, and clients in regards to work performance
- Willing to perform shift work and occasionally cover ad-hoc hours in order to meet business expectations or cover market volatility
- Extremely accurate and detail oriented, even under pressure
- Able to follow detailed procedures consistently: strong operational mindset
- Patient and friendly when assisting end users and willing to share knowledge
- Eager to learn and potentially take on added responsibilities
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.