COO - Service Management Analyst - Associate
- Permanent, Full time
- Deutsche Bank APAC
- 18 Apr 19
COO - Service Management Analyst - Associate
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent.
The Finance Services Operations (FSO) organization is responsible for managing the entire Finance application portfolio from a Production support and UAT standpoint which is critical to ensuring stability of the bank's Risk, Financial and regulatory deliveries and processes. We use and support industry standard platforms such as Exadata, SAS, Micro Strategy, CTL-M, DAP etc. coupled with widely used technologies such as Java, Oracle, Unix and Hadoop.
Apart from our primary role of providing hands-on technical expertise to solving production issues/business problems and UAT defects from an investigation and resolution standpoint, we also continually seek to optimize and automate our processes and services that we provide to our business stakeholders in order to build a robust control framework, for improved production stability. In addition as technology/service organization, our teams are closely focused and aligned towards driving our bank's key strategic objectives around Agile/DevOPs, Change Management, Problem Management, Single Data Strategy, Efficiency/cost improvements, Operating model changes (incl. Vendor/Location strategy), Cloud Adoption etc…, which we drive in close collaboration with our Application teams and Business stakeholders
There is an interesting journey ahead of us through internal organizational growth, career mobility and ample learning opportunities, as we seek to build a greater share of internal technical subject matter expertise in-house. As a result of our organization growth, we are recruiting Support Operations specialist for our Risk Reporting applications that supports critical Financial Risk and Regulatory Reporting.
The candidate in this role will be responsible for managing, supporting simple/complex Production issues end-to-end and UAT defect fixes (i.e. through hands-on technical investigation, analytics & fix on fail) along with maintenance of data warehousing platforms. He/she will work along with the Functional, Design and Development teams, as part of the Agile/DevOps PODs to investigate/analyse incidents by the business and work with them to implement a permanent code/design fix to address the problem tickets at hand. This resource will also manage user communications, KT sessions and will play a key role in strengthening our team's engagement across the FSO portfolio, for any queries/issues related to application stack that needs to be addressed.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage the set of applications end to end from a Service Operations standpoint and should also have a strong techno functional understanding of data flows/batch processing landscape
- Strong technical debugging and troubleshooting skills from an Incident/Problem Management standpoint.
- Should have a key eye for detail, investigative mindset, and the right problem solving technique to be able to carry out a detailed root cause analysis on production incidents and UAT defects raised, to isolate and categorize issues into logical issue categories.
- Should have a strong analytical mindset to track Recurring issues and perform different types of data analysis and present findings in a clear & precise manner, that can help the management in reaching a decision on areas where a permanent code fix, design changes are required to be implemented.
- Should understand the platform end to end and also have a good understanding of business requirements and deliveries, be able to add value and periodically identify gaps (if any) in our technical or operating processes as well as identify continuous improvement opportunities for better platform stability.
- Should have good communication & collaborative skills to be able to effectively engage with other support and shared services platform/infrastructure teams.
- Perform periodic maintenance on our production environments to ensure adequate system capacity availability at all times.
- Provide guidance and carry out periodic Knowledge Transfer sessions and best practice sharing within our Production support team, to strengthen both functional and technical competency within the team on an ongoing basis.
- Collect, analyze and produce metrics on process data for KPIs to drive continuous service improvements and reporting to stakeholder/management.
- Comply with DB standards from an audit/compliance , change management, incident/problem management, data/production security and IT governance
- Should have an open, innovative and collaborative mindset to work effectively in an Agile/Dev-Ops setup to facilitate how changes are managed and deployed into production through proper change control governance.
- Should be willing to proactive contribute/partner in driving Automation, Stability forums and other Service operations initiatives, beyond just BAU tasks.
- Should be open to rotate between teams (when required) to contribute and gain wider exposure/learning.
- Ready to work in rotation across shifts, weekends and provide on-call support.
- Self-starter, pro-active and self-learner
- Understand dynamic business priorities and adjust accordingly
- Able to communicate and partner effectively with senior stakeholders in technology and business, as and when required
- Collaborate and partner with other teams involved in delivery chain
- Demonstrate DB Values in all activities performed
Experience / Exposure:
- Should have a total of 6-8 years total IT experience (prior work experience in production support and in an Agile/DevOPs set-up, would be an added advantage)
- Strong hands-on technical expertise and experience in Java (primary), Oracle, UNIX, SQL, Micro strategy, to perform code level investigations.
- Data Warehousing and ETL concepts
- Working knowledge of PL/SQL including SQL and PL/SQL code debugging techniques
- Ability to interpret Oracle trace logs and understand AWR report to troubleshoot performance bottlenecks. Familiar with concepts of parameter file and sessions logs
- Unix Operating systems know how's including basic commands to navigate directories and files, understand the Unix O/S performance and Log level issues.
- Strong understanding of UNIX shell scripting along with debugging skills. Coding experience of shell scripts, and advance UNIX commands like sed, awk, file validation structure in UNIX will be good to have and an added advantage.
- Control-M scheduling and troubleshooting (i.e. working knowledge of control-m inbuilt variables and their usage).
- Working exposure to Web based data base application
- Able to troubleshoot Java and UI application issues using Java core dumps and log files.
- Exposure to Hadoop/Big data processing and understand challenges of data processing
- Able to do data analysis and demonstrate outcome of analysis
- Good understanding of ITIL processes
- Experience and working knowledge of tools such as JIRA, Jama, ServiceNow, GIT etc…
- Self-motivated, proactive and able to work independently/as a team and perform tasks under minimal supervision.
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills, particularly to function effectively in a global, multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with different levels of stakeholders across technology and the business.
- Exposure to structured software development life-cycle methodologies, preferably agile models
- Ability to analyse incidents and defects and spot trends
- Experience of working in tight deadlines in a mature time-boxed environment
- Be able to demonstrate consistent and good judgement of prioritizing issues based on incident/defect criticality and urgency.
- Quick Learner Ability to learn new technology, tools and best practices in solution areas
- Should be good at problem solving and debugging with excellent analytical skills
- Investment Banking experience and knowledge in Cloud Sourcing is a good to have
Education | Certification:
- Bachelor Degree from an accredited college or university with a concentration in Computer Science or IT-related discipline (or equivalent work experience or diploma)
- ITIL Foundation / Service Operations Certification (preferable)
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.