COO - Lead Business Functional Analyst - VP
Operations provides support for all of Deutsche Bank's businesses to enable them to deliver transactions and processes to clients. Our people work in established global financial centres such as London, New York, Frankfurt and Singapore, as well as specialist development and service centres in locations including Bucharest, Moscow, Pune, Dublin and Cary. We process payments in excess of a trillion euros across the bank's platforms, support thousands of trading desks and enable millions of banking transactions, share trades and emails every day.
A dynamic and diverse division, our objective is to make sure that all our services are executed in a timely and professional manner, that risk is minimised and that the client experience is positive. We are proud of the professionalism of our people, and the work they do. In return, we offer excellent career development opportunities to foster skills and talent. Position Overview Overview:
The Lead Business Functional Expert is a Senior role
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Working with the prospective business lines (Finance, Risk & Cross-business operations) who are undertaking regulatory reporting regional in APAC
- Responsible for leading activities which translate complex requirements from Lead Business Functional Analysts into system specific functional specifications. The Lead Business Functional Expert acts as the day-to-day leader of work efforts in this area across a team and/or serves as a specialist
- Uses awareness of industry initiatives to work with stakeholders to align with strategy and roadmap while supporting the development of market-driven, sustainable business, process and data architectures.
- Supports the implementation of common architecture and strategies and applies Bank wide standards and best practices.
- Supports the implementation of optimum architectures of technology solutions and drives analysts, designers and engineers in technology teams to design, build, test and deliver high quality software solutions to meet business needs.
- Acts as functional lead/expert for a domain, applications and technology and completes high complex functional / non-functional specification documentation and designs.
- Provides thought leadership in the development of new models/ techniques for delivering step change in business processes.
- Defines guiding principles for designing industrialised, high STP (straight-through processing) business process solutions.
- Acts as virtual supervisor for analysis and design work within a project/programme regionally.
- Reviews and provides feedback on functional solutions and performs quality assurance of project deliverables.
- Drives design challenges, implements key design and design building blocks, leverages design practices and insists on design patterns used by engineers.
- Translates and reviews logical data design at various stages of the data journey.
- Plays an active and leading role in relevant Communities of Practice such as the Business Functional Analysis Community of Practice and other Design/Architecture related Communities of Practice.
- Undertaking peer reviews and reviewing solution designs and architectures, taking into consideration specific business, usability and functional constraints, requirements and dependencies.
- Fluent in English (written/verbal).
- 12+ experience in managing teams of complex & sizeable global IT change projects under varying project/programme environments (waterfall, scrum/agile) and tight timelines.
- Strong working Experience in interpreting multiple end to end APAC regulatory jurisdictions (such as MAS, FSA, BNM, BOK, etc.) in the past 6+ years across Financial, Risk and Transactional reporting.
- Experience working with business requirements through to application design.
- Experience in business analysis, data analytics or UX (user experience).
- Experience in a financial domain (capital markets, transaction banking, and wealth management) and/or related support functions.
- Experience owing programme backlogs, driving programme increments and release content via prioritised features and establishing feature acceptance criteria.
- Advanced analytical and problem solving experience and ability to independently identify issues, introduce new concepts, provide innovative insights/ solutions and oversee their delivery.
- High degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Strong planning and highly organised with ability to prioritize key deliverables across several work streams.
- Excellent communication and documentation / presentation skills.
- Self-motivated and flexibility to work autonomously coupled with ability to work in virtual teams and matrix/global organisations including appreciation of different cultures during collaborating and sharing.
- Strong ability to influence and motivate other team members and stakeholders through strong dialogue, facilitation and persuasiveness.
- Strong leadership and ability to advance decisions and escalations.
- Profound knowledge of methods and tooling for the Business Functional Analysis Profession.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office products.
- Industry, stakeholder, competitor and solution awareness within own area of expertise.
- Degree from an accredited college or university with a preference for Computer Science (or IT related).
- Business Analysis certification (and/or relevant work experience).
Deutsche Bank offers a challenging and rewarding career where your contribution is valued and rewarded. We have an inclusive and friendly working environment coupled with excellent facilities and benefits.
Deutsche Bank is an equal opportunity employer who seeks to recruit and appoint the best available person for a job regardless of marital status, sex (including pregnancy), age, religion, belief, race, nationality and ethnic or national origin, colour, sexual orientation or disability.
Deutsche Bank does not accept unsolicited curriculum vitae from third party vendors.