COO - Head of APAC Client Off- Boarding - Director
Position Overview Overview:
Client Life Cycle Management area within COO focuses on ensuring KYC compliance for all DB Clients with functions spanning new Client Adoptions, Periodic and Event Driven Reviews and OffBoarding / Client Account Management activities across 13 locations in APAC Reporting to:
Global Head of Offboarding/CAM + Head of APAC CLM Change/Transformation Roles and responsibilities:
Key Relationships / Interactions:
- Responsible for overseeing and Client Account Management across all APAC location and ensuring in particular offboarding completion deadlines are met in line with global commitments
- Ensure strong offboarding progress cadence is maintained though appropriate oversight, governance, coordination and execution monitoring at micro level across all off boarding progression stages and groups involved.
- Ensure strong collaboration with global offboarding teams in terms of dependencies and hand-offs related to APAC offboarding progress.
- Manage central Offboarding team (~7 FTE) workload across various offboarding priorities while ensuring continued progress
- Review/oversee capacity allocation and utilization of Offboarding resources across various APAC locations to ensure optimal progress vis-a-vis plans and associated offboarding pipeline volumes.
- Indirect oversight of CAM resources in APAC locations and in DBOI supporting hubs to ensure effective utilization / appropriate throughput and SLA adherence monitoring.
- Ensure overall progression buckets around Offboarding are closely monitored to resolve any potential chokepoint and up-to-date MIS is being circulated on a regular basis to regional stakeholders on progress across stages.
- Ensure right levels of controls and governance are established and regularly monitored around any offboarding related processes such as client notification and account closure etc to ensure the efforts are audit proof.
- Partner with Legal/Compliance/AFC functions to ensure any regional nuances and location specific requirements that require adherence as part of offboarding are clear and are being followed appropriately.
- Initiate and chair meetings with all groups involved with offboarding including Business/Legal/Country Management/ Operations teams to drive end to end collaboration and progress.
- Act as the primary point of escalation within APAC CLM space for matters pertaining to client offboarding processes and drive issue resolution.
- Monitor service levels /deliverable progress at DBOI and Birmingham end and have regular discussions with respective location leads to ensure alignment on performance expectations / forward plans/ issue resolution.
- Ensure offboarding execution dependencies/hand-offs with respect to other operations groups is well understood and face off to regional operations leads for those areas to align on expectations and address any progress concerns.
- Act as client partner in having regular feedback sessions with all key business stakeholders in region around client offboarding progress.
- Drive automation and improvement opportunities for offboarding processes by actively evangelizing new tools / technology and partnering with global teams to rollout the same across APAC.
- Ensure appropriate performance management and career development for direct team members to have an overall high performing team.
- Establish a broader understanding of client life cycle management functions in DB context including off-boarding hand off's with remediation teams and NCA functions and help achieve a well-knit end to end client experience.
- Establish an understanding of existing CLM platforms/ tools and identify areas for improvement and contribute to target state TLM platform/process definition journey.
Job Requirements: Qualifications and Experience:
- Branch CLM leads whose teams are working on offboarding/Client Account management on the ground in branches.
- DBOI (service center) leads whose teams are working on hub offboarding/Client Account Management.
- Regional CLM management team
- Global CLM Offboarding leads including those in Birmingham whose teams support APAC outreach.
- Regional business managers for all CIB sub-businesses whose relationships are in-scope for offboarding.
- Regional and Country legal leads to ensure clear agreement of letter templates and client notification approach
- Mercury Program leads
- Other teams within Product Operations in APAC supporting Position and Activity check activities around Offboarding of specific business / product relationships.
- Country COO's to get letter sign-off's and ensure escalation if progress in a particular location is slow.
- Regional AFC and compliance to ensure clarity around location specific requirements.
Skills and Knowledge
- Graduate with strong academic background
- Overall experience of atleast 15 years in the Banking/Finance industry of which at least 2 years should be in significant regional leadership role.
- Significant experience in KYC/Client onboarding space in banks of similar size with direct knowledge /involvement in Client exit processes.
- Strong understanding of front to back flows for various CIB product classed - ideally gained from middle office functions.
- Strong understanding of key risk and control issues and operational challenges around client off-boarding and client account management processes.
- Project management or change execution experience either around process re-engineering or system enhancements a key requirement.
- Experience of working across multiple geographies a big plus.
- Accuracy and attention to detail with data essential- strong excel and office skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral via various media i.e. e-mail, phone, face to face and conference calls
- Highly collaborative and able to generate trust and partnership from senior/peer level stakeholders.
- Proven ability to be able to build on and maintain key business partner relationships
- Strong organization skills around taking problem statements and targets and structuring a path towards the goal.
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills with ability to work with peer groups and matrixed teams while driving execution strongly.
- Management skill to manage the team including VP's and more junior staff
- Thought leadership around automation and efficiency opportunities.
- Open to embracing change and proactively identify areas to harness technology more for process improvement.
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- High EQ and able to assimilate other stakeholders perspectives
- Ability to work under high pressure and maintain calmness.
- Ability to take a "hands-on" approach with willingness to get into details as needed on a frequent basis.
- Able to motivate and develop people while maintaining focus on highly challenging deliverables.
- Strong maturity levels in terms of navigating organizational matrix and balancing priorities / competing stakeholder demands.
- Able to manage virtual relationships with peers as well as indirect teams.
- Strong execution and deadline focus with ability to work with minimal management supervision
- Change/continuous improvement mindset with strong interest in questioning status quo.
Our values define the working environment we strive to create - diverse, supportive and welcoming of different views. We embrace a culture reflecting a variety of perspectives, insights and backgrounds to drive innovation. We build talented and diverse teams to drive business results and encourage our people to develop to their full potential. Talk to us about flexible work arrangements and other initiatives we offer.
We promote good working relationships and encourage high standards of conduct and work performance. We welcome applications from talented people from all cultures, countries, races, genders, sexual orientations, disabilities, beliefs and generations and are committed to providing a working environment free from harassment, discrimination and retaliation.
Click here to find out more about diversity and inclusion at Deutsche Bank.