CIB Tech, Incident Management Owner, VP
The CIB Technology Incident Management team is a highly skilled, specialist global team empowered to make critical decisions during technology incidents to recover services for our clients. The team is at the heart of reducing variability in recovery times and is key in protecting the revenues and client franchise for the firm.
J.P.Morgan is looking for an experienced application support manager to manage the major incidents impacting the Corporate and Investment Bank (CIB). The ideal candidate is likely a senior application support team technologist or a manager of an application support team. You should be an excellent problem solver and be able to take command and partner with a set of different technology teams and direct them to quickly diagnose and resolve the underlying issue with minimal to no impact to our clients.
As the Incident Owner is a very visible and integral role within this high performing team, you will be empowered to orchestrate incident resolution with minimal business impact and subsequently to ensure all learning from the incident feeds into a continuous improvement discipline.
The key responsibilities of the role include but are not limited to:
- Determine and ensure execution of appropriate actions to recover business services as quickly as possible
- Run the technical bridge to drive all diagnostic and resolution activities
- Identify all resources needed to resolve the incident, including resources from JPMC partners, external vendors, JPMC lines of business
- Ensure all incident team members are aligned to the outcomes required and operate within the agreed best practice operating procedures for the incident
- Participate in process improvement to ensure improved future performance of the team
- Actively design and manage personal improvement plan to set and meet team and individual performance goals
- Participate in post-incident reviews and problem management activities
- Proactively contribute to improvement activities during incident downtime
- Review the CIB environment to proactively identify events or lower severity incidents that could have major business impact if not resolved swiftly
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
• Ideally 10 years' experience in Technology; Production support experience preferred; Application Development experience a plus
• Ability to perform under pressure
• Prior experience of running the incident bridge for application and/or technology issues.
• In-depth knowledge and understanding of Incident Management practices, skills and tools
• Broad understanding of technology frameworks across mainframe, midrange and distributed technologies
• General understanding of Financial Services and key drivers of business performance
• Influential and ability to exercise judgment and sound decision-making under pressure
• Excellent communication skills, able to communicate with senior Technology and Business management
• Ability to influence others across all contributing teams and disciplines
• Strong team player, ability to foster relationships from both a business and technical point of view
• ITIL training and certification preferred
• Committed to process improvement, LEAN and/or Six Sigma training a plus
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
Ready to use your expertise and experience to drive change? Apply today.