CIB Operations- FX confirmations / settlements (covering Japan market)- Analyst
Who We Are
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm with assets of $2.7 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader in investment banking, financial services for consumers and small business, commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. A component of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. serves millions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's most prominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morgan and Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is available at www.jpmorganchase.com . What it Means To Work Here
Here, you'll feel welcomed and valued. Our clients, transactions, deals and projects are global so we work hard to create diverse, inclusive teams that support our business and each other. Learn about our culture here . About J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank
J.P. Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking, markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. With $26 trillion of assets under custody and $485 billion in deposits, the Corporate & Investment Bank provides strategic advice, raises capital, manages risk and extends liquidity in markets around the world. Further information about J.P. Morgan is available at www.jpmorganchase.com .
Derivatives Operations: Confirmations/Settlement Analyst in Japan Desk (Role performed in Japanese language)
Derivative Operations provides operational support across the CIB covering eight key product areas including FX, OTC Derivatives, Collateral Principal, 3rd Party Derivatives, Cleared Derivatives, Agency Collateral, Billing and CASS with ~1,900 employees. Services provided to our Businesses include:
- Transaction Processing, Confirmation, Settlement and Clearing, Collateral Management, Client Service, Invoicing and CASS Support
- Typical daily activity includes settling in excess of $217B via FX trading, leading a Markets OTC portfolio of 2.5M trades, servicing >200 3rd party clients, performing 10,000 margin calls, processing 470k cleared and intermediated trades and producing >9,000 invoices
FX & OTC Derivatives Operations supports a global and diverse client base. Primary functions performed: affirmation, settlement, client money daily segregation, credit event management, client valuations, regulatory reporting, and tax reporting. Facilitate transaction execution via a 'best in class' systematic control framework, providing integration between risk systems (Athena, GPS, Kapital, Pyramid) and vendor platforms (DTCC / TIW / Markitwire / Thunderhead).
- Manage a portfolio of 2.5M live trades
- Monthly settlement of 600,000 payments (100% increase vs. 300,000 in 2010)
- 70,000 Dodd Frank MTM and client valuation statements issued on a daily basis
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Singapore. A multicultural island-state, exotic and modern. A hub of finance and business. We've been here since 1964. It's a great city to learn and grow, both professionally and personally. Singapore is a critical regional hub for us. Our Singapore Corporate Center in Changi opened in 2013, playing an important role as one of the firm's critical Technology & Operations hubs around the globe. And we're still investing. We get to work with many regional colleagues in countries such as Malaysia, Thailand and Indonesia. From Singapore, we offer various services ranging from investment banking to asset management. As a Center of Excellence, it's also the hub for our regional technology, operations, compliance, cyber security and other services.
The successful candidate will be working in Asia-Pacific Client Services based in Singapore, primarily supporting Japanese clients.
The functions of this team include: pre-confirmation of settlements, payment release, the maintenance of client & business reference data, post settlement investigation and the affirmation, drafting and chasing of legally binding trade contracts.
- Ensuring all trades are confirmed and settled in a timely manner.
- Resolving any client queries relating to confirmations and settlements.
- Establishing an excellent relationship with both internal and external clients.
- Participating in process improvement initiatives.
- Ensuring that any issues are escalated to the team leader within an appropriate time frame.
- Excellent relationship-building and time management skills.
- Superlative interpersonal and communication abilities.
- Excellent problem solving skills.
- Capability to prioritise.
- Good team player.
- Capacity to think laterally and understand the big picture.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Japanese language skills are a prerequisite due to the Japanese client base.
- Experience in an operational / financial services / customer services environment preferred.
- Previous exposure to Derivatives, FX or Commodities settlements would be an advantage.
- A finance or business degree holder
Would suit someone looking for a flexible working opportunity Diversity Statement
We recognize that our people are our strength and the diverse talents they bring to our global workforce is directly linked to our success. We are an equal opportunity employer and place a high value on diversity and inclusion at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable local law. In accordance with applicable local law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants' and employees' religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.