CIB Operations- Collateral Service Representative - Analyst
Collateral Principal Operations supports:
- Collateral Management credit risk mitigation, client financing and fee based activity
- Collateral Services supports a wide range of products: Derivatives, Forex, TBA, OTC Cleared, Prime Brokerage, Repos and Loans
- Daily we generate and distribute margin calls; agree call amounts and collateral types; track and report call disputes, reconcile trading portfolios, monitor settlements and provide extensive regulatory reporting
- On average we issue and settle ~4,000 collateral calls per day
- Collateral balances held by JPM and pledged to the client range between $200Bn & $300Bn notional
Asia Collateral Middle Office (Collateral Singapore) is primarily responsible for:
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Facing internal and external clients, to involve resolving relationship issues and significant client matters on behalf of the business.
- All APAC based clients are provided collateral coverage from Singapore, including clients based out of Japan.
- Issuance, receipt and monitoring of margin calls in accordance with the terms of the collateral agreements for OTC Derivatives, Loans.
- Resolution, control and escalation of collateral disputes and fails to senior management and credit risk teams.
- Recording, reconciliation and control of cash or securities received/posted as collateral.
- Management of a portfolio of clients, providing consultation and expert advice.
- Collateral management on principal trades facing clearing house.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Activation of CSA in the collateral management system to ensure collateral monitoring commences on a timely basis.
- Setting up of cash or securities account in the payment gateway system.
- Raising any discrepancies to the Credit, Legal or Collateral Risk.
- Collaborating with global teams and supporting any resiliency challenge.
- Timely resolution of incoming queries regarding a client's portfolio. Escalation of issues.
- Working knowledge of OTC Derivative products or similar background.
- High level of accuracy and attention to detail is required.
- Must be highly numerate with good keyboard and core system (Outlook, Excel, and Word) skills.
- Strategic thinker, able to review and implement process improvements.
- Proficiency in Japanese language is desirable as the role will be working with all APAC-based clients including clients based in Japan.
- Ability to work as part of a team and be flexible during busy periods such as month end.