- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 12 Nov 17
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Standard Chartered is a leading international banking group committed to building a successful and sustainable future for our people, our customers and the communities we serve. With 1,700 branches and offices in 68 markets in Asia, Africa and the Middle East, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities to over 89,000 employees.
CiB Channels within Standard Chartered Bank is a progressive department driving innovation and change across our client facing online services. Our objective is to offer exceptional products to our clients through a modern, agile development process.
Our Singapore HQ is seeking creative, ambitious and dynamic professionals to help realise our objective. The CiB Channels function services Financial Markets and Transaction banking businesses.
To qualify, candidates must be highly talented individuals and able to contribute through experience and innovative ideas.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Contribute to the ongoing design and development of the API Banking platform
- Collaborate with the other technology teams, business analysts and business stakeholders across CiB businesses.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications - Bachelor of Computer Science or exceptional relevant experience
- Precise and critical thinker with attention to detail
- Fast learner
- Open & trustworthy communication skills
- Courageous to critique and suggest improvements
- Team-based ethics but independent thinker
- Outstanding development skills in Core Java
- Experience with Spring framework/Spring Boot
- Experience with Spring Boot based Micro-services beneficial
- Distributed systems experience, such as Zoo-Keeper, Cassandra
- Strong experience on service oriented architecture using RESTfull services. Experience on middleware technology eg. Kafka, JMS
- Experience on testing automation, Cucumber
- Agile practices (Scrum, TDD, BDD) a must
- Continuous Integration evangelist
- Experience on Source code version control systems (GIT)
- Experience designing and building APIs
- Financial experience in Financial Markets or Transaction Banking area
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.