CIB - Sales and Marketing - Credit Sales - Vice President
JPMorganChase & Co. (NYSE: JPM) is a leading global financial services firm withassets of $2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. The firm is a leader ininvestment banking, financial services for consumers and small business,commercial banking, financial transaction processing, and asset management. Acomponent of the Dow Jones Industrial Average, JPMorgan Chase & Co. servesmillions of consumers in the United States and many of the world's mostprominent corporate, institutional and government clients under its J.P. Morganand Chase brands. Information about JPMorgan Chase & Co. is availableat www.jpmorganchase.com .
J.P. Morgan is a place for talented people from all backgrounds andperspectives because our clients come from all backgrounds and perspectives. Weencourage a culture of inclusion, where everyone's opinion counts and allemployees have the freedom to deliver their absolute best. This is why we workhard and invest in attracting and developing a diverse workforce. Learnmore about our Business Resource Groups in how they help our employees buildsuccessful careers and reach their greatest potential.
J.P.Morgan's Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across banking,markets and investor services. The world's most important corporations,governments, financial institutions, pensions, sovereign wealth organizations,states and municipalities entrust us with their business. We offer our clientsa full suite of global financial services and capabilities, providing strategicadvice, raising capital, managing risk, and extending liquidity in marketsaround the world. Not only is our goal to help clients succeed, we arecommitted to contributing to orderly and well-functioning markets andsupporting global economic growth across our businesses. Job Description KeyResponsibilities covered by these areas:
This role sits within the Asia Credit Sales team in the front office and willbe working in a dynamic and busy trading floor environment. You will help maintainrelationships with clients and match our services and products to their needs.You will work with the trading, structuring and research teams to providecomprehensive client coverage, including fulfilling client requests for marketupdates, executing client orders and providing institutional clients withinformation about specific securities. You may also be involved in providingmarketing ideas and help initiate transactions. The successful candidatewill also have the opportunity to gain wider exposure to other sales teams.
- Supporting the day to day client requests and needs.
- Implement selling as a continuum -- independently and effectivelycomplete a transaction from start to finish (make the call; send the research;sell and close the deal; book the trade)
- Understand drivers of relevant markets and establish a high degreeof competence with clients around executing trades.
- Understands firm's approach and policies for managing risks inrelevant business and applicable legal and regulatory rules, and followspolicies.
- Build foundation of trust with clients by demonstrating an understandingof their needs, clearly articulating desk ideas, and being responsive.
- Balance potentially competing needs across clients, internalpartners and the firm.
- Assist with the post trade process by ensuring the accuracy of allentries and to ensure internal controls are followed.
These points have been carefully considered as being essential for the role. Your background must accurately reflect all of these for your application to be considered.
- Demonstrable Sales experience within an investment banking environment
- Demonstrates creativity in solving problems. Always looks for new ways of doing things.
- Understands the different types of risk and can discuss in detail ways of managing these risk.
- Thoroughly understands drivers of relevant markets and can explain and anticipate market movements.
- Understands transaction cycle and the steps in the process and is execution oriented.
- Ability to thrive on the challenge of competitive pressures and remain focused on client needs
- Ability to communicate concepts and ideas, both verbally and via documentation, and be able to defend their validity and target messages to different audiences.
- Ability to interact comfortably with business clients and management.
- Self-directed, highly motivated, and able to work independently
Languages: English fluency is essential