CIB - Merchant Services - Product Management & Sales Support - VP
JPMorgan Chase & Co. (NYSE: JPM), is a leading global financial services firm with assets of USD 2.5 trillion and operations worldwide. JPMorgan Chase & Co provides a broad range of financial services, including personal banking, credit cards, mortgages, auto financing, investment advice, small business loans and payment processing.
Chase Merchant Services is the global payment processing business for JPMorgan Chase & Co, with more than USD 1 trillion in annual transaction volume in 2017. As the world's leading merchant acquirer, Merchant Services is at the forefront of the payments industry, offering acceptance, fraud and data security solutions for companies large and small and capable of authorizing transactions in more than130 currencies and expanding. As one of the original fintechs, Merchant Services understands the importance of continually innovating to stay at the forefront of the consumer payments industry.
The Vice President, Product Management and Sales Support is a key member of the Merchant Services team leading the expansion of our business in the Asia Pacific (APAC) region. As an individual contributor, you will leverage your expertise in the payments industry and technical acumen to develop and implement solutions for potential and existing JP Morgan clients. Combining product management responsibility with consultative sales expertise, you will collaborate with internal technology teams, external partners, clients and executives across JP Morgan businesses to bring merchant acquiring solutions to market.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Understanding the payment acceptance landscape in APAC and being able to translate that into comprehensive solutions for merchants
- Building requirements documents and managing the development of products and enhancements from conception to market-launch
- Understanding country-specific market and regulatory dynamics and ensuring their product(s) are built to those requirements
- Serving as the Merchant Services expert to support Commercial Bank, Investment Bank and Treasury Services teams during sales conversations
- Supporting the negotiation of contracts with partner banks, card processors, payment networks and other stakeholders
- Working with internal partners to ensure all control/compliance/risk activities are addressed during ongoing partner due diligence process
- Actively participating in RFP process for technical solution providers and local acquiring partners
To be successful, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in a technical discipline, with additional post graduate qualifications preferred
- At least seven years of product management and consultative sales experience delivering payments solutions in the APAC region
- Demonstrated technical expertise on payments APIs and supporting merchants through the adoption of payment APIs
- A proven track record of working with multi-national corporates to enable payment acceptance
- The ability to operate effectively in ambiguous environments
- Strong communication skills and collaboration skills
- Deep understanding of financials, mechanics of forecasting and variable sensitivity
J.P. Morgan is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. We are proud to retain our Silver Employer status in the 2018 Australian Workplace Equality Index (AWEI). If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.