CFS AML Risk Management (CARM) Team Manager
CARM is a specialised AML & Sanctions Risk management team under OCBC Consumer Financial Services (CFS) Singapore business unit. The team actively works in partnership with Group Legal and Regulatory Compliance to manage CFS AML and sanctions risks in a highly demanding and fast paced environment, with opportunities and exposure in proactive AML risk management for aspiring AML expertise individuals.
As part of CFS, CARM team manager must be able to provide effective risk management strategies and action plans that meet both the requirements of AML/CFT compliance, while continuing to support internal stakeholders in achieving business growth as well as top in class customer banking experiences.
Reporting to the Head of CARM, the candidate will lead a team of AML analysts and senior analysts with key responsibilities covering a range of AML/CFT control and risk mitigation activities with regard to the Premier Private Banking clients ("PPC") segment.
Qualifications Educational and Work Experiences:
- Carrying out enhanced due diligence checks on PPC clients including customer risk assessment and escalation to senior management for approval where required;
- Put in place appropriate control measures to ensure that AML/CFT risk management are embedded in the bank's day-to-day operation.
- To review existing processes periodically for opportunities to improve effectiveness and efficiency;
- Provide AML advisory support to PPC business segment on AML related matters;
- Pro-active management of issues highlighted via self-identification, internal and external audit reviews
- Create, manage and deliver ad hoc training and risk awareness sessions on all key areas of AML risk management with PPC sales force.
- Participate in policy gap analysis, procedural updates and implementation to meet new requirements,
- Activities progress tracking through regular MIS update and risk management reporting,
- Support on demand risk management projects and activities, including process optimisation, RPA and AI RegTech initiatives.
Diploma or Degree holders with minimum 8-10 years of direct and broad based Sanctions/AML/CFT or risk management experiences. Candidates with risk and control monitoring background and demonstrated team management experience in private banks or retail banks managing higher networth segment is highly preferred.
Diploma or ACAMS certification in AML / CFT or Risk Management Technical skills:
Strong technical knowledge and understanding of regulatory requirements relating to sanctions, money laundering and terrorism financing.
Knowledge of regulations governing the consumer banking business and consumer banking products.
Constantly keeping abreast of developments in Sanctions, ML/TF Risk typologies, measures and risk management. Collaborate with the relevant stakeholders to innovate and/or adopt best industry practices. Personal Traits:
- Passionate in developing a career in risk management and compliance.
- Demonstrated strong & effective leadership and training capabilities
- Independent self-starter, committed and believe in strong collaboration with stakeholders to deliver positive outcomes
- Demonstrated strong people management and strong stakeholders' engagement.
- Strong analytical abilities, and business & risk assessment acumen.
- Positive and progressive behavioural traits
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Good written and oral communication skills and ability to interact effectively with people at different levels
Forward looking and embraces technology to drive efficient and effective AML risk management.