• Newly created role wtih a leading Fintech firm• Strategic regional role
About Our Client
Our client is a leading fin-tech company from China that has been growing aggressively outside of China as well as embracing innovating virtual banking technology. They are now ready to appoint a regional experienced CEO to position the company as the most pioneering financial institution of consumer wealth management in South East Asia. Job Description
As the Chief Executive Officer your responsibilities include but not limited to:
The Successful Applicant
- Communicating, on behalf of the company, with shareholders, government entities, and the public
- Leading the development of the company's short- and long-term strategy
- Creating and implementing the company or organisation's vision and mission
- Evaluating the work of other executive leaders within the company, including directors, vice presidents, and presidents
- Maintaining awareness of the competitive market landscape, expansion opportunities, industry developments, etc.
- Assessing risks to the company and ensuring they are monitored and minimised
- Setting strategic goals and making sure they are measurable and describable
Interested candidates will possess a Bachelor degree with at least 5 years of working experience in the retail banking industry. Ideally having built their experience within a renowned and first-tier banking environment, as well as have exposure to an emerging market. Candidates with top tier consulting firm in the past will have a strong advantage - members have had broad based experience in strategy consulting in the banking sector and from leading strategy consulting firms such as McKinsey, BCG, Bain, Oliver Wyman etc. This role will have frequent interaction with clients/investors who can only speak mandarin, therefore knowledge of mandarin is essential.
To succeed in this role:
- the CEO must be driven, energetic, entrepreneur and have a passion to work in an emerging market.
- comfortable working in a relatively unstructured and multi-cultural environment.
- Willingness to be 'hands-on' and a self-starter to work in this fairly fast-paced environment
- A strong communicator and brand ambassador, as well as the ability to influence group stakeholder
- Emerging markets knowledge or entrepreneur experience will be a plus (especially in Asia) What's on Offer
Excellent compensation on offer for the right experience.