- Permanent, Full time
- Citibank NA
- 20 Nov 17
CCB - Business Development Manager
CCB - Business Development Manager
- Primary Location: Singapore,Singapore,Singapore
- Education: Bachelor's Degree
- Job Function: Relationship Management
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17000160
We're looking for a Business Development Manager to join our world-class team.
Our Business Development Managers ensure that the Citi Commercial Bank (CCB) is perpetually helping new clients achieve sustainable progress by paving the way for new relationships and acting as a sponsor who makes certain that prospects are credit qualified. They are the fuel that propels our business forward in an ethical and responsible way.
Be a part of the work we do to enable progress around the globe.
At Citi, we have a drive to help clients move from ambition to achievement that's been in our DNA for over 200 years. Our company has been one of the foundational components of today's modern financial infrastructure-this gives us a level of unmatched expertise in tackling the world's most complex challenges and connecting across capabilities to enable lasting progress for our clients.
We attract and nurture local talent from all over the world, ensuring our people are both deeply attuned to regional needs but also bring a global mindset to help clients, communities and nations move forward. Our culture is fueled by men and women with the passion to push beyond borders and boundaries, and the wisdom and courage to do what's right.
Citi's Commercial Bank embodies our unique purpose as the global bank of choice for trade-oriented, mid-sized companies who see us as trusted thought partners that bring simplicity in an increasingly complex world, client-centric solutions for long-term growth and pave the way for them to reach across borders and achieve their global vision.
Successful Business Development Managers should embody the Citi Progress Maker DNA Markers®.
Optimistic: The belief that tomorrow can be even better, the ability to see how
- For CCB, that means a partner who provides creative client solutions and acts with integrity
- For CCB, that means a driver who advances the business and challenges the status quo
- For CCB, that means a negotiator who closes sound deals while deepening existing relationships
- For CCB, that means an owner who is accountable for both long and short-term outcomes
- For CCB, that means an explorer who thrives on new experiences and embraces challenges
- For CCB, that means a unifier who builds trust by understanding different perspectives
- Proactively establishing a set of long-term relationships with both prospects and external influencers
- Acting as the main point of contact for prospects, driving and managing the entire end-to-end sales process for internal teams including ensuring prospects and colleagues are kept in the loop and knowing when to leverage partners beyond immediate teams
- Presenting in-depth recommendations and insights on prospects' positions in terms of risk, credit worthiness and partnership needs so teams can make informed decisions moving forward
- Ensuring teams are working within the highest ethical standards by generously devoting time to staying up to date on all local and internal compliance, control and operational regulations
- Smoothly transitioning clients to the rest of the team when appropriate
- A future-focused approach to building a broad, long-term network by establishing a positive and ongoing rapport with both prospects and influencers
- A deep understanding of their role as a key builder and protector of the strong CCB culture that enables teams to deliver remarkable experiences to prospects
- An optimistic and proactive approach to finding new opportunities for clients and prospects, looking beyond immediate business silos and geographic borders
- The ability to communicate effectively with prospects and internal teams to build an effective and resilient sales culture that grows new relationships while deepening existing ones
- A deep expertise in Citi's credit policies and products, as well as CCB's Global Risk Framework, and the ability to identify prospects that best fit this platform
- Strong analytical abilities buttressed by a foundational knowledge of accounting, including financial statements knowledge
- Ability to embrace new technology and understand the role digital plays in the experience we deliver for our clients
Typically, someone in this role has the following experience:
- Have a deep understanding of the SME market with 2-5 years of proven sales experience in financial institutions dealing with commercial banking segments
- Display a penchant for multi-product sales with an understanding of banking products (assets and liabilities)
- Ability to balance priorities between delivering sales targets and KYC/AML/credit requirements of the franchise is also essential
- Ability to effectively plan, manage time and work independently
- Proficiency in both English and Mandarin to communicate with Mandarin speaking clients on a regular basis