Business Surveillance Analyst (1 year contract )
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today! General Description
The incumbent is required to conduct surveillance reviews, mainly for dealer communications in an accurate and timely manner as part of Surveillance team within Business Risk Management ("BRM") under Risk Management Function. He/She is responsible to closely follow up with completion of reviews and collaborate closely with stakeholders. The candidate is expected to demonstrate clear thinking process in raising observations and support with evidence of fact-finding and assessment. Main Duties
- conduct mainly dealer communications surveillance reviews based on surveillance review methodology which includes monitoring the following channels (Emails, Bloomberg, Reuters, Voice & Symphony) to assess if staff meets the regulatory requirements and internal policy requirements, primarily on fair dealing practices , sales and dealing practices and staff conduct matters.
- conduct other reviews as required
- maintain internal documentation as evidence for surveillance work done.
- explain surveillance findings to Front Office and Product Management Group.
- manage stakeholders' expectations and ensure timely escalation.
- participate in internal investigation especially relating to matters concerning staff misconduct issues.
- consolidate and prepare surveillance findings and management reports to Senior Management.
- engage in Bank's or departmental projects
- review the framework and methodology to align with the regulatory/market environment.
- continuous collaboration on the enhancement to the surveillance methodology with global offices
Key stakeholders : Front Office, Product Management Group, Compliance etc Qualifications
- For Associate position: minimum 2 years of experience in experience in Audit, Risk and Control or Compliance function, preferably in Private Banking environment
- Good knowledge of regulatory and compliance requirements such as Fair dealing practices
- High level of integrity, independent, adaptable and committed with high level of initiative.
- Needs to be inquisitive and have strong analytical skills.
- Strong interpersonal and professional communication skills.
- Team player.
- Proficiency in MS Excel / Access VBA is a plus
- University degree or equivalent from a reputable institution