Business Planning Manager, CISRO
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The Group Chief Information Security Risk Officer (CISRO) organisation is instrumental in protecting and ensuring the resilience of Standard Chartered Bank's data and IT systems by managing information and cyber security (ICS) risk across the enterprise. The Group CISRO is responsible for ICS governance, policy, risk framework and assessments, red teaming, industry partnerships, and regulatory engagement. The Office of the CISRO is central to ensuring the Bank's ability to meet its ICS commitments to internal and external stakeholders, including regulators, as well as maintaining an acceptable ICS risk profile that is regularly reported to the Board. Strategy
The Business Planning Manager is a permanent role that requires strong written and oral communication, strong business acumen and knowledge of the ICS field. The successful candidate will be able to meet the following expectations:
- Support the Group CISRO in all aspects of running the function including the day-to-day management of activities, and cross-team integration.
- Assist in structuring and supporting key projects across the function, and thematic work for the Group CISRO as required
- Work regularly on a cross functional basis within all levels of the Office of the CISRO and in partnering across Risk & Compliance and other parts of the business, especially the Group CISO and COO function in the first line.
- Keep the Group CISRO abreast of key developments in other areas of the Bank.
- Oversee the planning and monitoring of progress of the function against the CISRO function strategic objectives and priority deliverables. Track risks and issues of deliverables.
- Closely monitor the development, implementation and performance of business-critical issues to the functions (e.g. new technology, investment requests, etc.)
The primary purpose of this position is to provide continued, cross-disciplinary support to the Group CISRO and the wider Office of the CISRO. Processes
The major functional activities that the Business Planning Manager will lead and support are:
People and Talent
- Act as a representative on matters for the Group CISRO.
- Maintain effective working relationships across the Office of the CISRO and in key areas: Risk & Compliance, ITO, COO, and Business as necessary.
- Establish robust tracking and governance processes for high risk and priority items
- Look for ways to improve efficiency and effectiveness across the function and working with CISRO LT to improve identified areas
- Ensure items and actions from Group CISRO meetings are tracked and followed up on in a timely manner, notably the Risk Management Team, CISRO Weekly priority meetings, CISRO offsites and townhalls
- Coordinate with the Executive Assistant and CISRO communications team to ensure townhalls and communication events are organised effectively
- Coordinate with the Executive Assistant (who has responsibility for logistics) to plan and arrange Group CISRO offsites, taking the lead on driving the agenda, content and presentations
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Work closely with Group CISRO HR Business Partner/team to coordinate people agenda Group CISRO.
- Coordinate specific people plan projects/ initiatives for Group CISRO function.
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations
- Ensure a full set of job descriptions and objectives are in place for Group CISRO direct reports, including supporting the development of training plans for identified competency gaps
- Uphold and reinforce the independence of the second line ICS Risk function
- Helping to coordinate and run people initiatives on behalf of the Group CISRO, for example International Graduates
- Work across the Bank's functions to ensure support for various positions and to promote opportunities for the Bank by closely partnering with Risk, Compliance, Communications, and others as appropriate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across the Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association.
- Ensure that the Group CISRO has necessary documentation as the ICS Risk Framework Owner of the Bank and serve as a point of escalation for ICS matters across the organisation to ensure the risk is appropriately addressed.
- Collaborate with Group CISRO LT to anticipate any risks and issues inside and outside of the functions that the Group CISRO should be aware of.
- Seek to identify and make Group CISRO aware of possible solutions.
- Collaborate with fellow BPMs, Risk MT members and stakeholders to achieve robust governance, ensuring actions arising for Group CISRO from Risk Committees (e.g. GNFRC, GRC, BRC, Board Plc. Etc.) are acted on promptly and followed through until completion
- Coordinate with the Head of Cyber Partnerships and Engagement to ensure committee papers include the highest priority items to be addressed and raise any suggested changes directly with Group CISRO in a timely manner
- Establish strong ties into the relevant global, regional and country leadership for risk, compliance and regulatory affairs to ensure adequate monitoring, tracking and communication of key priority items
- Keep track of key priority risks that are the responsibility of the Group CISRO function, including those related to regulatory reviews, such as project COSMOS, audit, external and internal risk meetings.
- Stay updated on evolving requirements and changes in policies and standards to the appropriate business, regional, and/or functional units within the Bank to ensure integration into business processes and requirements.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Group CISRO
- CISRO Leadership Team
- Group CISO BPM
- CISRO HR Business Partner
- All BPMs across Risk, CFCC and other key functions and businesses
- Risk & Compliance, Regulatory Affairs
- All Risk Committee Secretariats
- University degree, with 5+ years' work experience desirable.
- Knowledge of cyber security, risk management or related disciplines in the banking/financial services industry
- High proficiency in MS Office Suite, specifically Excel, PowerPoint and SharePoint.
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written and presentations
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- Strong ability to collect and analyse data and make recommendations in written and oral form.
- Ability to work independently as a motivated, self-starter who can multitask.
- Experience working in a geographically dispersed organisation with a customer-oriented attitude
- Strong ability to liaise with all parts of the Bank, including senior security, risk and business stakeholders.
- Flexibility to handle a range of tasks in a fast-paced environment across multiple geographies
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.