- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 30 Nov 17
Business Planning Manager
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.To provide support to the Global Head, Central Compliance in the execution of the unit's strategic agenda for which Central Compliance is accountable under the Group Compliance's Strategy and deliverables.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
Strategy and agenda support
* Support the execution of the functional strategy and agenda, track and measure the performance of the function in delivering the Compliance agenda, and identify gaps and actions to deliver the agenda.
* Proactively track and measure the performance of the Team in delivering the Compliance agenda across the Region, and identify gaps and actions required to deliver the agenda
* Organise and support agenda setting for meetings of the Compliance leadership team
* Support agenda setting for Compliance senior management meetings/ forums.
Operational Excellence Budget
* Execute a disciplined budget process and accurate forecasting across teams within Central Compliance, according to agreed functional standards.
* Coordinate and consider inputs from the Regional Team in relation to investments and target setting decisions.
* Provide reports to the Global Head, Central Compliance and Chief Operating Office, Compliance and to Finance on budget and forecasts on a regular basis.
* Support the development and implementation of an effective communication plan to assist in proactive cascade of the vision, strategy, direction and leadership for the global Compliance function to the network and businesses.
* Produce high quality presentations for use in senior management meetings and committees.
* Oversee Compliance communications channels, including functional websites, announcements, policies and procedures and newsletters to ensure best practice content management of functional communications strategy.
* Support the Chief of Staff, Group Compliance to:
* Embed the new Compliance organisational structure.
* Ensure the function is adequately resourced and staffed by an appropriate number of competent staff, sufficiently independent to perform duties objectively, to support sustainable business growth and address legal and compliance risks.
* Develop and implement capability and capacity planning for the function.
* Support the Compliance Management Team ("CMT") on people management in the areas of resourcing, talent development, performance management, learning and development and engagement.
* Assist with the preparation of papers and presentations as and when needed for senior management and for risk management and governance committees.
* Work closely with the Compliance teams on systems and processes associated with Management Information.
Project/ Initiatives Management
* Assist in the development and maintenance of standardised operational excellence processes, including identification and migration of best practices across Central Compliance and Group Business Compliance, Financial Crime Compliance ("FCC") and Regional / Country Compliance teams.
* Identify, develop and assist on process improvement initiatives designed to drive efficiency across Compliance teams.
* Ensure an effective infrastructure is in place to support the L&C function globally (including business management, planning and administration e.g. premises, IT).
* Maintain close relationships with the Business Planning Managers for CMT, COO, Compliance and FCC and Regional Compliance.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and multi cultural awareness and sensitivity.
- Ability to operate within a geographically dispersed and highly varied customer and stakeholder base.
- Ability to collaborate and work dynamically across country, region and group stakeholders.
- Ability to effectively prioritise multiple tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Exemplary integrity, ethics, independence and resilience.
- Strong project management and organisational skills.
- Advanced analytical and numerical skills.
- Ability to handle sensitive matters at all levels of the organisation with discretion and confidentiality.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.