- Temporary, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 19 Nov 17
Business Manager ( 6months Direct Contract)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.JOB PURPOSE
* To assist the Financial Markets (FM) COO, Control and Change function in coordinating, driving and directing effective Front Office supervision and control.
* Ensure global best practice and consistency around the region, implementing controls and regulatory and internal requirements.
* Drive the Process Improvement agenda of the Business and proactively seek new and improved ways to execute controls.
* Work with global peers and second-line functions to ensure appropriate evolution of the business control environment.
50% of the time:
Primary responsibilities include the execution of Daily Regulatory Controls including but not limited to the following areas:
* Hard Margin Substantiation - identify in-scope trades and manage workflow from initiation to completion.
* Volcker Assurance - monitoring use of the Market Making and Non-Trading exemptions. Ongoing management of documentation requirements placed on the business from these regulations
* Hedge Effectiveness - completing the manual templates
* Termsheet Analytics Portal (Termsheet completeness controls) - Manually extracting data from every Termsheet loaded into iCDMS and adding it to TAP records, then performing a completeness check on the content. To report exceptions and obtain feedback from Sales on exceptions.
* Termsheet Dispensation Portal - maintain and update Termsheet dispensations and ensure approvals are in place for each dispensation.
* A&S Dispensation Portal - new admin tool planned to track and manage A&S dispensations.
* Order Recording - Checking the details in Bloomberg vault of IB conversations for missed deals. Ensure adherence to the new Order Recording Arrangements
* PTMM - to manage the client lists that are set up on the Bloomberg page for quoting PTMM vs. those that are not on an ongoing basis
* Text Alerts - to manage and check that text message service is set up is in place, and manage the service for those clients that have opted in for the service
* Monitoring Forwards in the Sales Workflow Account - Somebody will be required to monitor daily exception reports issued by Ops and ensure that no forwards are left by sales
* Benchmark Rate Controls - ensuring that Benchmark Rate Submissions are performed in accordance with policy and duly substantiated.
20% of the time:
* In addition, the individual will need to develop tactical systems to automate the above Daily Regulatory Controls they are performing.
30% of the time:
* Engage with stakeholders to understand new processes within the Operational Risk Framework and document procedures and flowcharts.
* Financial Markets Front Office - Sales and Trading
* Country Business Managers
* Group Operational Risk
* Business COOs
* Legal & Compliance
* Market and Traded Credit Risk
* Information Technology and Operations
* Group Internal Audit
KNOW HOW AND EXPERIENCE
* Strong Operational Risk and/or Finance experience with a proven track record of achieving business outcomes
* Familiar with Operational Risk Frameworks in a Banking environment
* Familiar with Banking Regulation, i.e. Volcker, Dodd Frank, Margin Reform, Best Execution
* Degree Holder = yes
* Years of experience = 3+
* Special Skills = Murex, Excel, Macros, VB a plus
* Product Skills = Financial Markets Products
* Personality = strong interpersonal skills, likes to laugh, and work hard
* Ability to challenge and influence the views of more senior staff
* Strong Verbal and written communication skills in English
* Big team player
* Outside-the-box thinker
* Task oriented
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.