The Asia Pacific COO function provides support to the APAC President and APAC Regional COO to create and manage the infrastructure and governance for Wells Fargo's lines of business and support functions operating in Asia Pacific. The APAC COO function is also responsible for managing certain operational aspects of the company and assists the Asia Regional President & Asia Regional COO in the successful management of the Wells Fargo franchise within the Asia Pacific region. The Role
The successful candidate will be part of the APAC COO Legal Entity Governance team and will work closely with the Singapore Branch Manager and management team to support them in discharging internal governance and external regulatory responsibilities. The role requires strong coordination with several groups/functions including the Branch Managers, Legal, Compliance, Finance etc. Responsibilities
As the Business Manager for the Wells Fargo Singapore Branch, this position requires strong organizational and functional skills to own the execution of high impact initiatives, and partner with a large number of employees and teams. The candidate must also possess excellent program management, analytical, and communication (both written and verbal) skills. In this role you will:
- Provide on the ground support to the Singapore Branch Manager and local management team to drive the execution and implementation of local governance related processes and initiatives.
- Set and communicate Singapore's strategy
- Support local regulatory engagement and reporting
- Coordinate local initiatives and projects
- Support property, resiliency and safety management
- Manage and facilitate Singapore Branch management committee meetings
- Drive entity focused view of risk reporting for Branch management
- Understand Branch financials and support the Branch Manager in the execution and attestation of SLAs, outsourcing, and cost-allocation
- Support the management and maintenance of Singapore Branch attestations and legal entity filings
- Align to internal governance principles and best practices
- Drive accountability for assigned initiatives, limit risk exposure, and create efficiencies as appropriate
- Review strategic approaches and effectiveness of support function and business performance
- Perform assessments through fact finding and data requiring creative approaches to solving complex issues, and develop appropriate solutions or recommendations
- Make decisions in highly complex and multifaceted situations requiring solid understanding of business group's functional area or products, facilitate decision making and issue resolution, and support implementation of developed solutions and plans
- Collaborate and consult with members of the APAC COO and Branch management team to drive strategic initiatives
- Influence, guide and lead less experienced Strategy and Execution staff within the group
- Foster a success-oriented, accountable environment within the organization
- Perform all of the above in close partnership with the various lines of business and support functions and with an enterprise mindset to ensure alignment, consistency, and maximization of shareholder value
We Value Diversity
- University degree
- 10+ years of experience in financial services, including management consulting, strategy consulting, business management or business operations experience.
- Strong influencing skills/effective communication skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Demonstrated ability to think and communicate strategically with exceptional analytical skills, including expertise in PowerPoint, Word, Excel modeling and Outlook
- A doer i.e. someone who can roll up their sleeves and get the job done
- Hard-working, proactive and responsible nature, with strong desire to achieve objectives
- Self-motivated and drive to 'take ownership' of tasks and situations
- Meticulous, with a keen attention to detail
- Creative and strategic thinking skills, combined with the ability to quickly identify and solve problems
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously with appropriate prioritization, and to work independently while still being a team-player
- Ability to influence and consult strategically across a large organization and with various levels of leadership/stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of Banks, the Financial Services industry and related products and services
- Experience in and/or exposure to cross-border business, operational and regulatory environment, particularly in APAC
- Fluency in spoken and written English is a necessity owing to team diversity. Mandarin language skills is a plus.
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.