- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Business Manager (COO / COO / Group/Rgnl/Ctry COO / J2389)
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Business Manager (COO / COO / Group/Rgnl/Ctry COO / J2389)About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
· T o support business in various strategic Global Credit initiatives, with focus on the Capital Structuring and Distribution Group ("CSDG").
· To understand and enable CCIB's 'Originate and Distribute' Strategy from COO Office perspective.
· To be able to support business head/frontline staff to enable best in class CSDG franchise within footprint and grow revenues.
· Provide management and represent CSDG interest across multi-functional project teams including technology, compliance, various business teams, GIS, TPRM, legal for various projects
· To assist in driving business and operational efficiencies via technological innovations with the Global Credit COO team.
· To assist in implementation for of various regulatory or structural change driven projects.
· To work closely with the Head of CSDG, providing support in all aspects of business development including internal marketing, expanding distribution, facilitating synergies among various products.
· To assist with MIS requests and work with Finance on reporting improvements
· To aid business and functions in making processes simpler, faster and better.
· With the COO, continue to review front office processes to ensure efficiencies and adherence to controls, policies and procedures
· Support the development and utilisation of the bank's platform under Client Engagement and Effectiveness for the business to enable operational efficiencies and streamlining deal workflows.
People and Talent
· Provide support to develop the junior staff in COO office. Aid development of best practices in execution, controls and risk management for CSDG transactions by training and communications to global execution teams.
· Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Set appropriate tone and expectations from their team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
· Assist the COO to ensure Operational Risk Framework is relevant and up-to-date
· Assist in the oversight of global pipelines, forecasts and P&L, underwriting portfolios and valuations/RWA for the business head, and actively engage in senior discussions to manage the same.
· T ogether with the COO, act as the primary point of contact for the development of processes, procedures and control for CSDG.
· Assist CSDG and risk control owners to manage the control environment within the business and ensuring compliance with the governance framework.
Our Ideal Candidate
Take the Lead
Target Proficiency Level:
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.