Business Manager - Vice President
The Business Manager is an intermediate level position responsible for supporting Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) to manage the overall administrative activities in protecting and leading the Citi franchise in the country, legal entity and/or business. The Business Manager supports the CAO in delivering franchise governance to ensure safety and soundness. Safety includes having a robust continuity of business plan that is known and understood throughout the franchise. Soundness comes from leading a culture of control and adherence to Citi and Regulatory policies and principles. The Business Manager works closely with Coverage, Product and Functions to ensure delivery of agreed services to the franchise. This role is based in Singapore. Responsibilities
The Business Manager provides daily support to CAO on governance and control accountabilities, which include regulatory and operational risk, strategic and reputational risk, infrastructure and driving execution of key control initiatives. Key deliverables include;
- Interface with country and regional project teams to assist CAO on successful governance, implementation of LIBOR transition plan and other franchise critical projects and organizational readiness
- Support CAO on conducting business growth strategy and driving implementation of strategy to assist business heads in responding to changes in the environment
- Provide advice and technical assistance with cost analysis, fiscal allocation, and budget preparation
- Examine budget estimates for completeness, accuracy, and conformance with procedures and regulations
- Review data for accuracy and create required reporting to manage the data
- Complete compliance related activities and reporting
- Support CAO on Board governance agendas, meetings, tracking actions and follow-ups, embedding governance structures and processes.
- Execute as needed on various ad-hoc projects critical to the franchise as well as researching and drafting materials for presentations for 'deep dives' into particular topics.
- Be part of the crisis management work streams to ensure robust governance of risk & controls, conduct risk, strategic and reputational risk management; ensure China franchise is fully prepared internally and equipped to manage external challenges
- Assist CAO to create strong and effective partnership across the CAO offices of Coverage, Products and Functions including Risk & Control and in-business support functions to ensure franchise level regulatory deliverables are on time, with high quality and in good order
- Contribute to strategic franchise level re-engineering projects
- Collaborate with ORM and In-business Risk and control to deliver our Path to Effective efforts (i.e. annual assessment, quarterly updates).
- Collaborate with HR and ICRM to deliver appropriate culture audits, assessments and analysis, to comply with CBIRC and other relevant Singapore regulator's requirements.
- 7-10 years of relevant experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of banking operation and governance
- Process re-engineering mind-set to increase operational effectiveness
- Advanced Office MS expertise including demonstrated capabilities with data analysis
- Experience with databases and information management
- Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills
- Consistently detail-oriented, goal-oriented and able to work in a team
- Consistently demonstrate flexibility, resourcefulness and ability to work as a team in complex environments (e.g., ambiguous, fast moving)
Job Family Group:
- Bachelor's degree/University degree or equivalent experience
Business Strategy, Management & Administration Job Family:
Business Administration Time Type:
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity review Accessibility at Citi
View the " EEO is the Law
" poster. View the EEO is the Law Supplement
View the EEO Policy Statement
View the Pay Transparency Posting