Business Manager - Asia
As a Barclays Business Manager, you will be supporting the Emerging Markets business. You will be working with the business in identifying solutions supporting decision-making on day-to-day items, as well as strategic initiatives. The function involves constant liaison with, and provides the link between Trading and IT, Product Control, Risk Control, Operations, Legal and Compliance. As such, it is key to the smooth and efficient running of the business and touches the firm in most areas.
Barclays is one of the world's largest and most respected financial institutions, with 329 years of success, quality and innovation behind us. We offer careers that provide endless opportunity - helping millions of individuals and businesses thrive, and creating financial and digital solutions that the world now takes for granted. What will you be doing?
What we are looking for:
- Supporting the day-to-day of the Emerging Markets (EM) Trading team
- Providing assistance to Macro management in preparation for supervisory reviews
- Ensuring close connectivity and coordination with Markets Business Management team, ensuring the distribution of business updates and co-ordination on joint initiatives
- Understanding and coordinating vigilance and actions around Risk and Control environment
- Conducting product audits, monitoring & testing reviews, risk control and unauthorized trading reviews
- Working with Product teams on Business Development initiatives
- Being accountable for profitability, cost of income, savings, budgeting, financials and trends
- Taking charge of administration of approvals, expense management, market data and others as appropriate
Skills that will help you in the role:
- A degree in Economics, Finance or Business, or CPA/ CFA qualifications preferred but not a must
- Knowledge of FX and Rate trading systems / operational flows and key control points
- Ability to multitask and take initiative
- Familiarity with the financial regulatory landscape (e.g. Dodd-Frank, Volker, EMIR, Basel 3, etc.)
Where will you be working?
- Ability to influence and negotiate
- Experience in Project Management would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills - both presentation and conversational
- Excellent time management skills and ability to prioritize
Our office is located in Marina Bay Financial Centre, which has been carefully crafted into a "city in a garden". Overlooking the scenic skyline along the Marina Bay waterfront, the green spaces and rooftop terraces have been designed to optimise employee well-being. The centre provides an integrated live-work-play development, surrounded by shops, restaurants, gyms and an alfresco dining area. Our convenient office location means you're just a 5-minute walk from the nearest MRT station.