Join our newly formed Business Management team on this exciting journey in your career!
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for someone to join our newly formed Business Management team where you will help establish Business Process Standards and monitor this across Global Operations.
You will also support Operational Risk and Control by co-ordinating regular assessments (Risk and Control Assessments) and partnering with audit on any action points.
You will help to produce Management Information, co-ordinate Global Operations budget and governance. In addition, you will assist with operation-wide communications.
Someone who can interact with an array of departments across Schroders, building key links with our Audit, Compliance and Operations colleagues.
As a lead specialist you will be able to handle complex issues through to completion working with stakeholders across the business as required.
Someone who can act as a mentor and escalation point for the team’s Specialist to support them on a daily basis.
We’re a global investment manager. We help institutions, intermediaries and individuals around the world invest money to meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future.
We have around 4,000 people on six continents. And we’ve been around for over 200 years, but keep adapting as society and technology changes. What doesn’t change is our commitment to helping our clients, and society, prosper.
In Singapore, Schroders' presence dates back to the mid-1970s. Since then, we have successfully built a strong local franchise and are one of the largest asset management companies in Singapore today.
We manage funds for a broad range of clients including official institutions, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, charities, government-linked companies, high net worth individuals and retail investors.
Singapore is our Asia Pacific operations hub, providing operational oversight to other offices in the region such as Australia, Indonesia, Hong Kong and Japan. The team constantly seeks to develop and adopt innovative and collaborative solutions to bring the best results for our clients.
What you’ll do
- Support the development of and facilitate the delivery of standardised management information (MI), key performance indicators and other metrics essential to the running of the Operations functions, in conjunction with other Operational hubs;
- Ensuring Operating Model Principles and Standards are being followed within the Operational hub;
- Support the Operational hub in capacity planning, lean process improvement to promote efficiency and scalability; and
- Support the Operational hub in monitoring budgets and preparation of financial forecasts.
- Ongoing maintenance of the Risk and Controls Framework including co-ordinating risk assessment completion, monitoring risk events and issues;
- Creation and maintenance of a globally consistent controls and procedures inventory;
- Collate of existing operating models and co-ordination of ongoing reviews and updates, ensuring consistency across Operational hubs; and
- Support ongoing maintenance of BCP planning for Operations.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Prior operational experience gained within Financial Services Operations;
- An understanding of asset management operations functions;
- Excellent communication skills and must possess good interpersonal skills and/or written skills;
- Able to maintain a friendly and open attitude that encourages continued high levels of interaction by all Schroder employees with the Oversight team; and
- Ability to self manage current and future workload, proactively communicating progress to management on an ongoing regular basis.
The knowledge, experience and qualifications that will help
- Wider experience in Asset Management Operations and understanding of the end to end asset lifecycle;
- Experience of designing, developing and implementing dashboards Power BI/Tableau; and
- Strong business data analysis skills with advanced excel skills.
What you’ll be like
- An expert in your field;
- Exercises good judgment in assessing and managing risks;
- Develops/supports preventative processes to strengthen the control framework;k
- Good at analysing and solving problems with a strong handle on operational risk;
- Effective in managing your own time with ability to prioritise tasks and delegate appropriately;
- Open to feedback, receptive to change, challenges status quo and continually looks out for team and self improvement opportunities on self and on the team;
- Excellent communicator with strong interpersonal skills;
- A strong team player able to develop and manage strong working relationships with global internal departments and external counterparties; and
- Able to adapt to changes quickly and be an advocator of an innovative culture within the team.