- commensurate with experience
- Singapore Singapore Singapore SG
- Permanent, Full time
- 21 Mar 18 2018-03-21
A leading discretionary macro hedge fund (“Firm”) is seeking to add a strong candidate to its Business Admin & Management (“BAM”) Group to be based in Singapore. The Group is integral to running the business by performing three key functions: -
- Actively supports and manages projects underpinning the strategic development of the Firm. The Group is currently managing the roll-out of MiFID, the project to upgrade the Firm’s technology operating platform, the launch of new funds, establishing new workflows for vendor management etc.
- Management of centralized administrative activities including market data management, research consultant costs, vendor management, ECN oversight, broker and regulator liaison etc.
- Acts as the primary point of contact for the Firm’s Portfolio Management teams for non-department specific queries and ensure timely resolution.
The role requires a highly motivated self-starter who is capable of simultaneously managing a variety of complex projects and initiatives, while ensuring that the key business administrative activities are conducted across the region.
- Work on a variety of strategic initiatives spanning all aspects of the Firm’s business.
- Actively analyse opportunities for process improvement in all facets of the operating model.
- Manage projects from beginning to end, working closely with departments across the entire organisation.
- Develop project plans managing the timelines and resourcing needs and assign, monitor and measure project team members’ work.
- Lead project/client/business partner meetings and conference calls, including project kick-off meetings, weekly and ad-hoc, issue resolution and perform post-mortems.
- The Singapore role in particular will include office management and a focus on ensuring that regulatory matters are appropriately understood and addressed by the global team.
An ideal candidate will have:
- 4 - 8 years of experience in financial services, preferably with some exposure to the buy-side.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a variety of complex projects/tasks.
- Proven abilities in project planning and resource management.
- Attention to detail and a naturally curious mindset.
- Able to communicate clearly and concisely, in both technical and layman’s terms.
- Broad-based knowledge of hedge fund industry. An awareness of the global regulatory environment would be highly beneficial.