- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank Singapore
- 21 Nov 17
Business Lead - Digital, Non-Life Insurance
- Location: Singapore
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Help transform the way Non-Life Insurance products and services are delivered to clients.
The Bank is aiming to grow Non-Life Insurance product sales at double-digit rates. This Product Owner and Business Lead role enables this objective, by ensuring agile technology projects (that improve the client experience and frontline productivity) are aligned to business needs. Work with subject-matter experts to provide input on business requirements, review technology project plans from the business perspective, and ensure new technology capabilities are embedded in business processes to deliver benefit. Ensure smooth execution on the ground, and communicate the changes delivered to business stakeholders.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
* Be the Product Owner (PO) for all Digital Initiatives for Non-Life Insurance products.
* As PO you will identify various client use cases which can help in contextually marketing Non-Life Insurance products to our clients, with an emphasis on initiating and completing the sale.
* As PO, you must identify critical entry-points, client sale/post sale experience and the most efficient delivery channels
* As PO, you will develop and maintain a vision for agile technology projects and be responsible for communicating that vision to the scrum team. Be responsible for agile technology projects and features from concept to final implementation.
* As PO, you will work with our partners, architects, business stakeholders and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each release. Be responsible for the design, usability, quality and delivery of agile technology projects and features.
* As PO you will be the key decision maker on priorities and design decisions, and work to ensure that all stakeholders are aligned at each stage of the agile development lifecycle. As PO you'll need to understand both the engineering and business side of releases and be ultimately responsible for representing the end user's needs.
* Provide business input on requirements to the technology project teams. Work with subject-matter experts in product teams, front office and operations on requirements (e.g., a new electronic workflow to simplify layers of checking, or to auto-populate repeated fields in client forms). Prioritise "must have" items vs. "good to have".
* Review technology plans and design specifications, to ensure business requirements are met and that benefits will be delivered. Identify impact on critical processes within the Bank's operational risk framework, and work with process owners and project teams to ensure robust controls.
* Work with technology project teams to develop test plans. Co-ordinate business users to test new platforms or technology features that are developed. Ensure final delivery meets user needs.
* Work with stakeholders in the front, middle and back offices to ensure successful "go live" of projects, from the business perspective. Develop commercialisation plans and training material, co-ordinate briefings, design and execute communication plans. Gather feedback post-implementation, and track benefits captured.
* Participate in project review meetings and identify/highlight any potential issue that may impact project's cost, timeline and/or scope and work with concerned stakeholders for its early resolution to bring back the project on track
* Conduct periodic briefings to senior management on progress of technology projects, from the business perspective. Highlight issues that require resolution.
Coordinate with Regional and Country counterparts / stakeholders in delivering the above. Role is global, physical location is with the Group Bancassurance team in Singapore. May require occasional travel depending on specific projects.
Qualifications and Skills
* 8 - 10 years' experience in a product-related or change/transformation role of a bank's Bancassurance' s unit. Demonstrated knowledge of how Bancassurance processes and technology systems work.
* Must have previous experience as a Product Owner or Business Lead for Digital technology projects for Bancassuance/Wealth Management.
* Strong skills in conceptual and quantitative problem-solving, aligning a broad range of stakeholders from multiple functions, and executing against a tightly-defined timeline. Experience in working with technology project teams, from the business perspective, a significant plus.
* Excellent professional skills, including verbal, presentation and written communication skills; ability to simultaneously "see the big picture" and manage the details of implementation; ability to follow through on execution.
Desirable: Experience in lean / six sigma process improvements.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by visiting www.standardchartered.com and selecting Careers. To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information at hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 - 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.