A number of new and exciting projects have been initiated within APAC PB IT, enabling you to directly contribute to the success of the business. Naturally, project details are commercially-sensitive but all our projects exhibit the following common features:
- Significant engagement with product owners and user-interaction
- Technical autonomy and innovation
- Highly motivated and engaged development teams
- High quality and commercial benefits
As an agile application developer you will work together with business users and members of the development team to seek to provide quality systems that improve efficiency, decrease operational risk, enable the business to expand and make users smile. These are high profile applications that offer you the opportunity to shape the future technical direction and take ownership for functional components.
Business Functional Knowledge
- To work directly with users or Business Project Manager (B-PM) /SME to understand business problem, the project Concept, objectives and project approach and
- To select, train, develop and lead project team members in a conducive team environment where necessary on process/system changes
- To guide the project team and monitor the project daily with attention to resources, time, budget and quality
- Handle project scope specially on identifying the business/functional aspects and ensures adherence to the project plan
- To deal with the business and IT business partners with different levels within the organization
- Simplify existing processes and work with business and IT teams to optimize the IT landscape
- To resolve conflicts amicably and build a positive working team environment
- Responsible for ensuring that the knowledge management of team is retained in repository and the quality of content is maintained on regular basis.
- Plan out the various requirements engineering activities
- Elicit, analyse, document and communicate requirements, describe processes, dependencies, improvement areas to ensure there is clear understanding with both Business and IT
- Facilitates and coordinates interaction between business partners and IT resources to meet project objectives
- To track work progress and provide project updates
- Provides feedback to Project Steering Committee on project status including achievements, risks and exceptions
- Provides timely reporting on issues and track these issues through regular project meetings
- Meets with project team regularly to review project status, deliverables and deadlines
- Facilitates collaboration with other internationally involved entities
- Occasional travel could be required in view of project delivery requirements, customer management
- You have 10-15 years experience of Business Analyst/Engineering, Accounting, Economics, Finance, applied in a medium to large-sized environment and full knowledge of all key project management process areas and best practice.
- Ability to gain influence and gain consensus from multiple business partners within the projects
- Evaluating situations and understanding when to raise issues in terms of timing and setting priorities
- Diplomatic and discrete handling of issues between different parties in the project and external suppliers
- Experience in dealing with and taking care of vendors
- Experience in working with business partners at all levels within a business/technology environment.
- Experience of leading a multiethnic team in an offshore-onsite setup will be an advantage.
- Experience in a Private Banking IT environment is a definite advantage.
- Experience in the Banking and Finance Industry.
- Knowledge of T24 or any Core Banking system advantage
- It will be an added advantage if you are CBAP, IIBA certified
- You possess good interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- You are ambitious, dedicated and hardworking who can work on own initiative and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards