This position is a critical leadership role (up to Director level) within the Asia-Pacific (APAC) Regional Management team, and will be responsible for supporting the strategy and the transformation effortsfor the APAC region.
About Wells Fargo
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company headquartered in San Francisco (United States). Wells Fargo has offices in over 20 c ]]>
Market Job Description
This position is a critical leadership role (up to Director level) within the Asia-Pacific (APAC) Regional Management team, and will be responsible for supporting the strategy and the transformation effortsfor the APAC region. The incumbent will:
- Provide direct support to the Regional President/Head of CIB, APAC in driving business strategy, special projects, business initiatives and operational efficiency on a holistic basis
- Support and coordinate diverse range of cross-region transformation efforts including developing business cases where needed
- Support developing systems and processes that will enable the region to identify opportunities to further enhance communication, collaboration, and execution across all LOBs and functions in APAC
- Participate in various internal and external meetings, committees or functions as required
- In partnership with ICOO and RCOO, design and implement an efficient approach for the 'operating norms' of APAC, including business routines and cross region forums/cadences
- In partnership with RCOO and team to manage and coordinate regional business updates for International, CIB and Enterprise committees and leadership
- Plan, coordinate and keep contents of meeting focused by tracking decisions on key priorities, coordinating leadership engagement, annual financial planning and budgeting
- Partner with RCOO, Compliance, legal and risk partners to ensure the businesses remain compliant with regulatory standards of conduct and on the remediation of critical Issues and incorporating
- legal/regulatory horizon planning into the APAC strategy
- Coordinate with regional strategy lead to support change and adoption of the APAC strategy in partnership with regional stakeholders
- Support communication and marketing of APAC business capabilities, strategies and progress to International, Enterprise and external audience
- Coordinate and manage content for Regional Townhalls, leadership meetings, offsites etc. in partnership with communications.
- Support Client Strategy and Account Planning process for APAC in collaboration with business leaders and business COOs.
- Support pipeline management across CIB/region along with coordination and management of client engagement for senior leaders both within the region and in the US.
- Support regular reporting requirements to enterprise on specific board meeting where Regional President/Head of CIB assigned by the company as a board member representing Wells Fargo e.g. supporting Non-Exec Board member responsibilities for Shanghai Commercial Bank representing Wells Fargo's 20% equity interest.
- Tasks assigned by Regional President/Head of CIB.
Market Skills and Certifications
- Detailed understanding of the APAC platform and operations of the businesses
- Experience and understanding of Corporate and Investment Banking, Commercial Banking Businesses
- Experience of working with and developing relationships with senior stakeholders
- Good Analytical, problem solving, and strong interpersonal, presentation & communication skills
- Understand the regulatory environment in APAC and good risk management skills
- Experience in one or a combination of the following: strategic planning, initiative management or project management
- Experience in supporting/coordinating large and complex multi-disciplinary functions or initiatives
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.
Team members support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.