Business Development Manager, Priority Banking
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The role holder is primarily responsible for the pro-active acquisition of new to bank Priority Sign Ups Sales emphasis will be mainly sourcing for individual customers with Priority Sign Ups potential. Candidates will also be required to provide wider range of retail and priority products such as unsecured cards and Insurance to targeted segments.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Establish relationship with internal stakeholders within CA, and also external stakeholders (e.g. property agents, brokers, related other external sales agents) to increase referrals for Priority Clients.
- Engaging affluent and mass market clients for their Priority Sign up requests from internal stakeholders through marketing campaigns, mortgage enquiries and employee banking's events, networking events and roadshows.
- Able to perform off-office hours and weekend activities when required. (Networking events, campaigns and roadshows)
- Keep abreast of market trends and competitor offerings, and conduct regular market updates and follow-up activities for target customer groups, to better enhance the product differentiation in relation to external competition.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Qualification - Tertiary education
- 1 year of relevant experience in Priority Banking Acquisition.
- Experience in achieving agreed sales target
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.