Business Control Manager - Financial Institutions Group
Wells Fargo & Company (NYSE: WFC) is a leading global financial services company with $2.0 trillion in assets and offices in over 37 countries. Founded in 1852 and headquartered in San Francisco, Wells Fargo provides asset management, capital raising and advisory, financing, foreign exchange, payments, risk management, and trade finance services to support customers who conduct business in the global economy. At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers' financial needs and help them succeed financially. We also value the viewpoints of our team members and encourage them to be their best. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you will feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience. We are looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you. Learn more at our International Careers website .
Market Job Description
- Banking Group consists of Financial Institutions and Corporate sector coverage teams, including Portfolio Management Underwriting (PMU), plus the Global Institutional Capital Group (GICG). It will include the following product groups and solutions: Asset-Backed Finance (ABF), Debt Capital Markets (DCM), Global Payment Services (GPS), Loan Syndications (LSRM), and Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A).
- Develop a strong working knowledge of Banking business in Asia Pacific as well as globally and the key risk controls related to its business activities.
- Serve as the primary day-to-day coverage officers for Banking with proven knowledge of its products, services, processes, systems and customers.
- Continuously engage in discussions with Banking business partners on strategy, industry trends, organizational changes, and new/modified markets, systems, products and services, to determine impact and identify and remediate risk control issues across all risk types.
- Collaborate with, guide and counsel Risk Control and business partners on control design and implementation to mitigate risks.
- Collaborate with, guide, and counsel Banking business process and control owners on identifying where controls reside, managing control changes and evaluating effectiveness.
- Collaborate with, guide, and counsel Banking business partners on matters relating to the implementation of corporate policies and Wholesale requirements.
- Help ensure proper business profiles of applicable regulations and associated controls as well as residual risks and compensating controls are maintained and continuously updated in appropriate systems of record on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for monitoring risk-based programs for Banking business in order to identify, assess and mitigate risk that arises
- Works with the Banking business and provides risk expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives
- May evaluate the adequacy and effectiveness of policies, procedures, processes, systems and internal controls, analyze business and/or system changes to determine impact; identify risk issues and may participate in the development of risk ratings
- Consults with business to develop corrective action plans and effectively manages change
- Reports findings and develops business cases to influence executive management or management committee member/head of business on the need for controls to mitigate risk
- Leads project/virtual teams and mentors lower level staff
- Directly manage 1-3 specialists/consultants.
Market Skills and Certifications
- 10+ years of experience in compliance, operational risk management (includes audit, legal, credit risk, market risk, or the management of a process or business with accountability for compliance or operational risk), or a combination of both; or 10+ years of IT systems security, business process management or financial services industry experience, of which 5+ years must include direct experience in compliance, operational risk management, or a combination of both
- Experience with process and controls and evaluation for Banking and Wholesale businesses and/or Wells Fargo businesses operating globally
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to interact with all levels of an organization
- Strong management reporting skills, ability to translate data into actionable information.
- Ability to effectively multi-task and successfully work on several unrelated projects at the same time as well as adapt to changing and competing priorities.
- Experience with enterprise risk frameworks and related processes
- Cross functional understanding of risk and controls (e.g. market, credit, finance, compliance, operations).
We Value Diversity
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national or ethnic origin, age, disability, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other status protected by applicable law. We comply with all applicable laws in every jurisdiction in which we operate.