Business Continuity Management & Physical Security, Associate Director
At Bank of Singapore, we are constantly on the lookout for exceptional individuals to join our team. We promote a culture of openness, teamwork and fairness. Most importantly, we invest in our people through our programmes that develop them on both professional and personal levels. Besides attractive remuneration packages, we offer non-financial benefits and opportunities to develop your potential within OCBC Group’s global network of subsidiaries and offices. If you have passion, drive and the will to succeed, rise to the challenge today!
Responsible for the overall second line of defence in the areas of business continuity and physical security risk, ensuring that business units have detailed business continuity plans to ensure that critical functions are recovered following any major interruption, and also putting in place a robust physical security program in the Bank. Responsibilities
- Strengthen operational risk management governance and framework.
- Document and update operational risk policies and procedures and engage Group OCBC to ensure policies and processes are in alignment.
- Support and coordinate the implementation, maintenance and enhancement of the BCM program such as BC Planner reviews, Desktop Walkthroughs, Call Tree Exercises, BCP testing and Maturity Scorecards. Support organization efforts in other areas such as Crisis Management, IT DR and CSIRT.
- Support/Manage the development, implementation and maintenance of the Physical Security Program which includes the Physical Security Risk Assessment on Key Headquarters.
- Facilitate the Physical Security Self-Assessment for business units, provide guidance and review the results.
- Assist in travel advisories, incl monitoring of events, providing advisory and support to business travellers.
- Coordinate and conduct briefing, awareness training and exercises to raise staff awareness and capabilities in the areas of Crisis Management, Business Continuity Management and Physical Security.
- Provide guidance/advice to business units on all BCM and Physical Security matters.
- Lead/ Participate in various operational risk initiatives/activities, thematic reviews, deep dives, etc.
- Participate internal or cross-functional projects to achieve productivity/quality improvement which include user requirement specifications, user acceptance test and documentation of new procedures and training materials.
- Degree in finance / banking or related discipline preferred
- At least 8 years of banking experience with exposure in various disciplines, preferably from Private Banking background or minimum 5 years' experience in BCM and/ or Physical Security
- Relevant working experience in business continuity management in the banking environment preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel, Powerpoint, Word)
- Good understanding of industrial BCM standards and local regulatory requirements, experience with crisis/incident management, BCM certification by a recognized BCM Institution (i.e. DRII, BCI)
- Good communication, presentation and interpersonal skills to facilitate interactions and maintain strong relationships with stakeholders
- Able to exercise sound judgment and establish both strategic and tactical plans in the management of operational risk
- Possess strong analytical, problem solving and report writing skills.
- Independent and able to multi-task in a competitive environment.
- High level of integrity