Business Associate (Corporate Access)
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 60 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are transitioning to a hybrid work environment where both remote work and the office play a critical role. Our vision is a future where all employees are empowered to work flexibly to drive the best outcomes for our clients. Flexible work is a mindset and a core value. Our employees are encouraged to work remotely two days a week as a standard practice and will have flexibility in terms of working hours. POSITION PROGRAM OVERVIEW
The Business Associate (BA) Program is an exciting pathway into our firm for graduating, undergraduate Bachelor's students who are interested in the variety of career opportunities available in the investment management industry. This three-year, Hong Kong/Singapore based program will help you gain insight into our industry, firm and culture, as well as, knowledge of the many different business divisions that support our investment functions.
The program is split into two parts: The first 1.5 years, you will be developing your business and technical skillset all while assimilating into the firm, your job and our culture and the second 1.5 years, you will be discovering your long-term fit here at the firm and will be placed into positions across the firm that are complementary to your skills, interests, and business needs. BAs have successfully transitioned into roles on their current BA teams, onto other teams in the firm and into other offices.
We expect new entrants to join the Business Associate Program in 2022. During your first two weeks with us, you will be assimilated into the firm through our Base Camp Development Program. This program is designed to equip you with new skills and knowledge of our clients, industry, firm, and culture while developing a strong internal network that will set you up for a successful transition into the firm. By investing in your personal growth on day one, you will help us continue to exceed our client's expectations. CORPORATE ACCESS
As a Business Associate, you will be provided with the unique opportunity to learn and acquire firm knowledge and be part of a team responsible for developing and executing corporate access events across APAC i.e. coordination and management of access to corporates, experts and government entities. This will include on and off-site meetings, site visits, conference calls, roadshows, investment conferences and bespoke field trips. This is a hands-on role which requires ownership of day-to-day coordination between our investment professionals and the corporates. The Business Associate will engage with investors, proactively suggest agendas, itineraries and respond to company queries and questions where applicable.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
Assist to centralise and coordinate all corporate access activity across APAC
- Work closely with sell-side counterparts, brokers and third party vendors to manage corporate access activity
- Engage with the Investor Relations community in partnership with corporate access team to strengthen Wellington's corporate partnerships
- Problem solve and liaise with our research providers to create the best possible conference schedules for our investment professionals
- Help develop and utilise technology to enhance management of the corporate access process
- Work closely with global counterparts in other geographical locations to provide corporate access updates and opportunities
- Engage with all investment professionals across APAC to gain understanding of their requirements
- Provide analysis of corporate access consumption data globally and within APAC
- Update and analyse current processes and procedures and actively suggest improvements and assist with training
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Fluent in English, proficiency in Mandarin, Japanese or Korean are advantageous.
- University Bachelor's degree earned in 2021 or 2022
- Candidates with 0-2 years relevant experience within financial services; corporate access and investor relations are also encouraged to apply. This program is not meant for candidates with experience exceeding 2 years.
- A self starter who can think strategically and has a desire to learn
- Strong service attitude and an ability to develop relationships with investment professionals to gain an understanding and empathy with their needs as an investor
- Exceptional written and verbal communication
- Highly motivated and proactive individual who is capable of working on their own initiative
- High attention to detail and consistent follow through; accuracy with all work is essential
- Ability to prioritise and multi-task as needed, being a team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Diplomacy, yet strength to defend the right decision in a very visible situation and the ability to cope in a very fast-paced, pressurised environment
- Strong Excel, PowerPoint and database skills are an advantage
Business Associate (Corporate Access) LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .