Business Analyst (MGR/AVP), FI Banks, Global Financial Institutions
The bank coverage teams provide transaction banking, global treasury and investment banking solutions for FI customers for OCBC Group. The primary coverage is selected commercial banks and some bank-owned non-bank subsidiaries of these banks. Products and services offered include:
- Accounts opening & liquidity management
- Digital payments & collections solutions
- Treasury access to FX, fixed income, equities, interest rates, structured notes and other products
- Credit facilities (bilateral/syndicated, unsecured/secured/assets based)
- Public markets (debt & equity) capital raising
- Strategic advisory
Working with the Relationship Managers, the Business Analysts' work scopes include but are not limited to:
- Develop deep understanding and market knowledge of various markets that the bank customers operate in.
- Review bank financial statements, macro and banking-industry trends, regulatory capital requirements and management quality to form appropriate business proposition (across key product groups) for recommendation for credit approvals by Relationship Managers and Senior Business Management.
- Willingness to join customer visits/ calls conducted with Relationship Managers in understanding client's business and obtaining business updates.
- Recommend appropriate credit solutions, limits, structures (including requisite maintenance covenants) covering products such as loans, trade and treasury.
- Manage annual industry reviews for portfolio assigned. Support Relationship Managers in refining the value propositions for selected clients/ segments.
- Monitor assigned portfolio for early warning triggers, covenant breaches or any updates that impact client's financial profile. Ensure adherence of terms & conditions imposed on facilities.
- Monitor developments in market conditions, regulatory changes, country risk and table relevant updates.
- To understand OCBC's policies & procedures for doing business with bank customers across markets that OCBC Group operates in (Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, Greater China etc).
*LI-VN Qualifications Requirements
- Bachelor or master's degree in Accounting, Business Management, Finance, Economics or related fields.
- 3-6 years' work experience where duties include business and/or credit analysis for banks.
- Experience in conducting macroeconomics analysis, deep-dive into commercial banks' financials and equipped with good writing and presentation skills.
- Product knowledge of Trade, Treasury and Capital Markets instruments would be an advantage.
- Mastery of Microsoft suite of products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Teams, OneNote, OneDrive) required.
- Good team player who is driven, pro-active with a positive attitude and comfortable with a dynamic, fast-changing environment.
- Team management experience is required for senior business analyst role.