Business Analyst, IT Business Solutions (Bank of Singapore)
The candidate will be involved in the techno functional analysis, design and development around the bank's specific technology streams and its sub-system.
The candidate will manage the solution phase of a project, be responsible for the technical implementation ensuring technical governance. The main business domain areas are related to the Operations functionality in a wealth management environment.
The candidate will need to communicate with the key business users on business demand and be able to recommend solution to meet these demands. He/she will engage different vendors and internal IT resources to source for the solution. He/she will also be responsible to coordinate with the internal IT teams (infrastructure and architecture) to set up the required infrastructure and agreed on the strategic solution.
Once the project is approved, the candidate will work with the Project Manager, the users and vendors/developers to implement the project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Provide functional leadership to system changes including projects and enhancements.
- Manage the roadmap for the bank's system platform related to Operations Department.
- Play the role of a solution lead engaging the architects, infrastructure team and project managers to provide inputs, and effort estimates to the development of the various project artifacts namely logical design, functional design, technical design, project initiation document during the solutioning phase of the project.
- Work closely with the Operations Teams (the User Community) and assist with capturing & refining requirements (BRDs), Test cases development, Test planning as well as Testing co-ordination and UAT support
- Decide on the model of development and manage the selection process of the vendor for the Project or engagement of the developers
- Play the role as a BA to support Project Managers to execute the development phase of the project. Work closely with the internal and external development team to deliver required software application change enhancements (CRs) and Projects.
- Conduct testing on the development and that it is in compliance to design and functional specifications during the SIT and d provide support to UAT.
- Maintain a working knowledge of business processes and solution design.
Note: The incumbent will be seconded to Bank of Singapore for assignments
- Degree or equivalent in an IT related discipline
- At least 12 to 15 years of financial technology background experience in Operations processing and knows the system functionalities used by the Operations (for example, core banking functions, SWIFT) are required. Experience in Wealth Management is a plus.
- Experience in the disciple of System development life cycle (SDLC) process, especially in the solution, analysis, testing and implementation phases of the SDLC processes. Knowhow on Agile methodology would be a plus.
- Strong experience in dealing with multiple system platforms including CRM, Order Management system, Core Banking, data warehouse where Operations are involved in.
- Knowledge on Private Banking operations is a must.
- Previous experience with platforms such as TEMENOS T24 or Triple A will be considered an advantage.
- Excellent communication skills, able to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently and manage business expectations accordingly.
- Experience in creating and documenting design, test cases and test scripts.
- Able to handle multiple projects and priorities concurrently and manage business expectations accordingly.