Business Analyst, Group Finance
- Permanent, Full time
- DBS Bank Limited
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
See job description for details
DBS is a leading financial services group in Asia, with over 250 branches across 17 markets. Headquartered and listed in Singapore, DBS is a market leader in Singapore with over four million customers and also has a growing presence in the three key Asian axes of growth, namely, Greater China, Southeast Asia and South Asia. The bank's strong capital position, as well as "AA-" and "Aa1" credit ratings that are among the highest in the Asia-Pacific region, earned it Global Finance's "Safest Bank in Asia" accolade for five consecutive years from 2009 to 2013. The bank is also a certified Accredited Training Organisation (ATO) for the Singapore Qualification Programme by the Singapore Accountancy Commission and an Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA) Approved Employer.
Group Finance Architecture Program is a multi-year program under Group Finance with many workstreams. This particular workstream focuses on the core platform enhancing the existing Finance Systems Architecture and associated systems and processes DBS Groupwide. You will need to appreciate and understand the multi businesses from Consumer Banking Group, Institutional Banking Group to Treasury and Markets. A key component of this program is to ensure that the Performance Management capability is fit for purpose for the bank, and is able to produce timely and accurate Performance Management reports on a daily basis.
To be successful, the incumbent will need to have strong knowledge of Management Information System (MIS), good understanding of Funds Transfer Pricing (FTP) and Rates sourcing process, and overall Enterprise Performance Management processes. An exposure to Finance Systems and ability to understand the big picture and deliver outcomes to tight deadlines is highly desirable.
- Collects and defines business requirements in relationship to Enterprise Performance Management (specifically Specific Provisioning, General Provisioning, Tax calculation, and Cost Allocation), in partnership and collaboration with the business SME’s.
- Works in close collaboration with business counterparts, domain SME’s, application owners to elicit business requirements, identify solutions, ensuring consistent use and implementation of processes
- Ability to perform functional analysis of business requirements and propose solutions
- Supports the design and conceptualization of new business solution options and articulates impacts and risks, as identified
- Responsible for gaining agreement on solution business requirements with domain SME’s and other stakeholders concerned
- Supports the user acceptance testing (UAT) strategy of the business.
- Responsible for documenting test scripts, defining UAT entry and exit criteria, and coordinating UAT in collaboration with the test manager
- Acts as an escalation point for solution issues in the Production environment and during projects.
- Partners with the business SME to design effective processes. Collaborates with Application/Service Owners as the Process Manager counterpart in the management of Business Processes to ensure consistency and alignment across different sub teams.
- Owns and manages process repository and is responsible for maintenance of all processes in the domain/sub-domain (Business Process Management).
- Degree in Banking, Computer Science or Engineering-related field with at least 10 - 12 years' relevant experience in project management and business analysis in financial services industry
- Strong functional analysis skills with the ability to elicit business requirements,
- Ability to prepare scope and user requirements documents, functional documentation, prepares test scripts, and coordinate UAT.
- Solid Excel, data analysis, and SQL skills.
- Extensive experience working with Technology team is a must
- Good knowledge of banking products, general ledger, finance processes
- Strong presentation, analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent written and communication skills
- Delivery focused and results oriented
- Attention to details and highly organized and able to work under pressure in a time-critical environment
- Ability to work with complexity and ambiguity and use it to their advantage
- Ability to work independently, and keep calm when under stress
- Additional good skills to have: Experience working with diverse stakeholders & Agile methodology
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.