Business Analyst (GI Publisher - Print & Online)
As part of Business Solution team, you are responsible for the creation of document templates using Jasper iReport software.
You are in charge of gathering and analyzing requirements from business users and crafting clear contents that are suitable for the target end user and adhering to stipulated branding and compliance guidelines. Your duties include drafting, editing, creating the templates, testing and proofreading the final output generated.
The job scope includes printed documents, email, webpages, projects as well as assisting in operational tasks assigned to you. The Job
- Develop and implement correspondence templates for personal and commercial line in a timely and accurate manner
- Deploy templates in UAT environment for testing and checking the pdf and email output
- Engage users in the template design process and evaluate user feedback
- Set up tables in PAS
- Rapidly address issues and fix defects discoursed during testing
- Prepare and review business requirement documentations
- Planning and prioritizing the work with proper trackers and reports
- To assist in operational and any ad-hoc task as assigned
- Take accountability in considering business and regulatory compliance risks and take appropriate steps to mitigate the risks
- Maintain awareness of industry trends on regulatory compliance, emerging threats and technologies in order to understand the risk and better safeguard the company
- Highlight any potential concerns/ risks and proactively share best risk management practices
About Great Eastern
- Degree/ Diploma in IT, business or equivalent
- Knowledge of general insurance business preferred
- Knowledge in Jasper iReport and basic HTML for email template has an advantage
- Excellent working attitude, problem-solving and logical thinking, and communication skills
- Able to work independently with minimum supervision at the same time a team player with ability to communicate with all levels of management
- Able to deliver tasks on time and delivering high quality results
- High level of integrity, take accountability of work and good attitude over teamwork
- Take initiative to improve current state of things and adaptable to embrace new changes
Established in 1908, Great Eastern places customers at the heart of everything we do. Our legacy extends beyond our products and services to our culture, which is defined by our core values and how we work. As champions of Integrity, Initiative and Involvement, our core values act as a compass, guiding and inspiring us to embrace the behaviours associated with each value, upholding our promise to our customers - to continue doing our best for them in a sustainable manner.
We work collaboratively with our stakeholders to look for candidates who exhibit or have the potential to embrace our core values and associated behaviours, as these are the key traits that we expect from our employees as they develop their careers with us.
We embrace inclusivity, giving all employees an equal opportunity to shine and play their role in exploring possibilities to deliver innovative insurance solutions.
Since 2018, Great Eastern has been a signatory to the United Nations (UN) Principles of Sustainable Insurance. Our sustainability approach around environmental, social, and governance (ESG) considerations play a key role in every business decision we make. We are committed to being a sustainability-driven company to achieve a low-carbon economy by managing the environmental footprint of our operations and incorporating ESG considerations in our investment portfolios; improving people's lives by actively helping customers live healthier, better and longer; and drive responsible business practices through material ESG risk management. To all recruitment agencies:
Great Eastern does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our email or our employees. We will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please note that our career opportunities are only posted on our Career Website (http://grp.gelife.co/findacareer) and on our authorised job platforms which are specifically LinkedIn, JobStreet and eFinancialCareers. We do not initiate any unsolicited calls and all official emails from Great Eastern will be sent from email addresses ending with "@greateasternlife.com". Should you receive any communications outside from these channels listed, please do not provide any personal information and do reach out to us at GreatCareers@GreatEasternLife.com or at 6248 2990 for us to assist you and confirm the legitimacy of the content.