Business Analyst, Data Management and Data Privacy Operations
Business Analyst, Data Management & Privacy Operations About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. Introduction & Overview
The "Data Management & Privacy" unit is part of a newly formed '1st line' centre of excellence under Group COO - Trust, Data & Automation. The role will support the unit's efforts through the provision of effective solution design on agreed process for data & privacy management capabilities under the Privacy Transformation Program. The role will work externally with CISO team, other units in COO- TDA, Head -ICS, business & functions partners & 2nd line compliance colleagues to design, implement & operationalise capabilities for Data & Privacy management. The role will ensure that these capabilities are operating effectively in BAU to achieve and manage the respective risk reduction objectives in this area. The role will also provide timely feedback to improve user experience & simplify solution design.
The successful candidate should perform business analysis using the right tools and techniques and support Program Manager and Project Leads on documentation, testing coordination, developer intermediation, etc. Candidate must have a good understanding of Data Management, Data Visualisation techniques, exposure to Privacy principle & initiatives is preferred which service the domain in addition to operational processes. Key Role & Responsibilities
• Undertake requirements solicitation from stakeholders/end users and turn into well-formed formal requirements into BRD or User Stories.
• Dig deeper to the problems rather than superficial requirement documentation - to identify the root cause of the problem statement, what and why something is required.
• Perform AS-IS/TO-BE process mapping
• Undertake factual analysis as required in order to validate/challenge and refine requirements.
• Partner with other delivery teams to ensure solution definition meets requirements and is delivered with accuracy and quality.
• Enabling clear traceability of the requirements (starting with the BRD / user stories ) and usage of process flow diagrams, as is and to be processes clearly documented - get it right the first time.
• Come up with clear Test scenarios / exit criteria and engage testing team well ahead to drive the quality of testing.
• Support the Group COO- TDA & 2nd line team requirements to review and document the strategic requirements, working closely with both internal and external stakeholders and collaboration partners to deliver the required deliverables.
• Be involved in the change management governance process to ensure that there is a smooth transition from Project to BAU
• Highly motivated individuals with a strong track record of achievement, leadership and high-performance drive, especially with similar previous roles in Banking.
• A team player and enjoy interacting with people of all levels in a multicultural environment.
• Able to creatively apply analytical solutions to business problems and can think out of the box in adapting to changes.
• Ability to work under constant pressure to tight deadlines and deliver high quality output.
• Documentation - BRD/ FSD /Business Glossary/Data Model/Test Strategy/Project Plan, Process Flos diagram etc.
• Report Types - Requirement Matrix/Gap Analysis/Problem Analysis/Business Case, etc.
• Process/Data Modelling - 'As Is'/'To Be'/ Visio/Enterprise Architect/Erwin, Etc.
• Project Management Methodologies - Waterfall SDLC, Agile, Scrum etc.
• Strong data analysis skills using SQL, MicroStrategy or Tableau preferable.
• Proven problem-solving & process mapping & visualisation skills
• Proven Experience in Data Management Data Protection & Privacy related projects preferred.
• Stakeholder Management / Analysis
• Presentation Skills - Data Story telling using visualisations is must
• Soft Skills - Communication/Negotiation/Relationship Building/Influencing Valued Behaviours Do the right thing
: Be brave, be the change; Think client; Live with integrity Never Settle:
Continuously improve and innovate; Simplify; Learn from your successes and failures Better together:
See more in others; How can I help? Build for the long term
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .