Business Analyst, Data Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Playing role of business product owner in technology scrum teams to drive projects that bring new data into the data lake or take data out of the data lake to support business requests.
- Understanding and documenting the data attributes that are being sourced; maintaining a catalogue of the data lake's contents.
- Determining how data attributes should be stored and managed; classifying and protecting personal and confidential data attributes.
- Matching data attributes with data requirements; explaining how data could be utilized and interpreted.
- Identifying and tracking consumers of CCIB data lake; assessing and managing impacts of changes.
- Work closely with the respective CIO and FSTS delivery teams that are responsible for the support of the data lake.
- Data Modelling for CCIB Data Fabric
- Define Conceptual data model for the underlying data domain. Review and approve the corresponding logical and physical model created by CIO teams. Assist data modelers in mapping of source data attributes to CCIB conceptual model.
- Work with CIO team to ensure prioritized use cases for the said data domain are analysed and data attributes are correctly mapped to respective sources
- Perform data profiling and other data discovery activities to gain understanding of data.
- Review data acceptance test results to validate completeness, accuracy and relevance of data attributes in the data lake
- Data Sourcing in CCIB Lake
- For prioritized use cases, work with FSTS team and CIO teams to identify sourcing gaps and accordingly raise sourcing requests - new and incremental and track them to closure
- Work with respective source teams and acquire data knowledge for respective systems.
- Maintenance of Metadata and User Inventory
- Work with FSTS team to validate source data dictionaries through observations from data profiling and discovery results
- Work with Data Governance team to maintain complete metadata catalogue with lineage for all data in CCIB lake
- Maintain inventory of all CCIB users along with their DB objects - systems, tables, attributes and transformation rules
- CCIB Platform Requirements
- Work with delivery teams to ensure CCIB platform requirements are documented, prioritized and tracked to closure.
- SME support
- Provide support to downstream business users in understanding the CCIB data model
- 8 to 10 years' experience in Banking Industry and conversant with how data flows between processes or systems.
- Understand Data warehousing concepts - Data Standards, Data Models, and Data Mapping.
- Knowledge in the definition and relationship of data attributes in at least one banking domain (Financial Markets, Trade Finance, Cash Management, Securities Services, Client & Counterparty, Risk & Performance Management etc).
- Practical experience in using data tools (Query Tools like SQL or Visualization tools like Tableau) to analyse or visualize data.
- Experience in using metadata tools to manage definition and relationship of data attributes centrally.
- Familiarity with Hadoop ecosystem
- Knowledge on statistical programming tools - R, SAS, Python is an added advantage
- Analytical, Restorative and Ideation Skills and a Quick learner.
- Experience on working in Data Projects.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.